• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another L560 Complaint

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
And maybe it has to do with Flexi somehow, not sure. But I do a lot of setting up files in the RIP, putting them in HOLD to print later, or the next day. If the 560 is asleep, and I send the job to Prodcution Manager, I can't even completely get the file sent to the RIP until the printer fully wakes up. EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT SENDING TO THE PRINTER? This is stupid, and often crashes Flexi, PM, or even the entire computer. Why did they make the printer that dependent on a constant connection, even with setting up to print?

juan.runnells

Production Manager Wide Format
It's a combo of flexi and 500 series. The printer and the rip share data tables that need to be synced. In honesty it's really not that bad.. seriously it's only a couple minutes.

I can wake the printer and work on something else for the short moment the go back and send it, if it's been ripped already it starts printing pretty soon after sending

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

eahicks

It's a combo of flexi and 500 series. The printer and the rip share data tables that need to be synced. In honesty it's really not that bad.. seriously it's only a couple minutes.

I can wake the printer and work on something else for the short moment the go back and send it, if it's been ripped already it starts printing pretty soon after sending

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I get that. But I'm talking about NOT sending the file to print. As I said in the original post, I'm setting a file to print later, placing in Hold. Yet it still has to turn on the printer, sync whatever it needs to sync, and causes crashes. I set files up to print later on the 260 and can do that all day long without having the printer even on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKwrapguy

It sounds like your really frustrated with creating a new workflow for your new printer. Have you reached out to anyone at Flexi or HP to see if there might be a patch or even workaround for these issues. Your other post about the 560 color and media issue sounds like they have been resolved by changing some settings such as heat and ink saturation, could this also be a similar issue? Change when the printer goes to sleep (not sure if this is possible)?

eahicks

Yes I can, and have, changed the sleep time on it. Doesn't solve the problem if it is asleep. I still have to make sure it is turned on first if I wish to set up Ripped files to print later. Or just alter my method of job flow entirely and not do that. Seems all this technology should work for you, or with you, not against you.
Yes, the color issues have mostly been resolved. Tweaked profiles fixed most issues. The feed problem? Nah....even HP told me you have to feed out a friggin yard of vinyl first. Stupid.

eahicks

I MAY HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION. In Default Job Properties there is a new tick box....I haven't tried yet, but this sounds like it would stop the nonsense. It was checked, so I unchecked it. We'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• rma.jpg
    rma.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 172

Brands Imaging

Just another thing to consider - you may not want to be ripping jobs in flexi without the printer being fully woken up. We have constant issues with flexi just changing the media canvas on us at will and we've grown a custom to not trusting it and always wanting to re-read the media.

jayhawksigns

Just another thing to consider - you may not want to be ripping jobs in flexi without the printer being fully woken up. We have constant issues with flexi just changing the media canvas on us at will and we've grown a custom to not trusting it and always wanting to re-read the media.
So you are saying that if I am currently printing a run of vinyl, and will run through some banner afterwards, that I can not pre-rip the banner job until I have the banner material loaded?

eahicks

So you are saying that if I am currently printing a run of vinyl, and will run through some banner afterwards, that I can not pre-rip the banner job until I have the banner material loaded?

No you can rip a job with any media setting you want. Just make sure the printer is on.

jayhawksigns

No you can rip a job with any media setting you want. Just make sure the printer is on.
Looking at replacing our aging L25500. Know that each printer has its quirks and I'm glad to hear about them, but I don't now how much of a headache a 560 will cause me for the first month.

Brands Imaging

That's correct. Flexi is VERY buggy and usually shouldn't be trusted. Every time you print you should ALWAYS check all your setting to make sure thats what you want. In terms of my statement above....You need to understand that if your banner material is a different size flexi doesn't know "where it is" in a sense. You always have to wake up the machine, make sure its reading the media and then you can rip and let it go to sleep.

Yes!