• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another Material Exclusive only at Gans! Printable Wood Grain TEXTURED Films!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We are launching 15 patterns to choose from on a very new and unique material that gives you a wood grain look and feel. This is really designed for the UV guys out there utilizing white ink but you could print with Latex and Solvent as well.

These materials are all 48"x98' and the stock is super limited for the first few months, there are a handful of swatch books available but the clients we have shown have already secured their stock so we will be moving forward based on the favored patterns. The response on this product has been pretty amazing and anyone who prints their wood grain finish will be very happy to see these patterns. This material will be introduced at $0.75 sq.ft for a limited time only, the standard price point will be $1.00 sq.ft starting sometime in early 2017.

Imprinted texture

Not only does it have a vivid wood grain texture, but it is also imprinted physically with texture giving it dimension and authenticity. It is UV printable and it can be cut out into shapes and letters. You can wrap it on objects and fixtures to give it more seamless installation.

Fixture Decoration

You can decorate fixtures and display walls with the Gans Wood grain film. It gives it a more high quality wood feel. You can also turn an old soiled furniture surface into a brand new one using the Gans Wood grain film.

 Imprinted texture
 Vivid wood texture
 UV printable
 Flexible PVC film base

Application:
 Display background
 Cut out lettering
 Fixture decoration
 Furniture reformation.

View attachment WGFLY.pdf View attachment wgpats.pdf

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Hey J- cool product. Does it have Permanent Adhesive? How thick is the stock? Does it ship flat in 4x8 sheets or rolls? Can you buy 1 sheet at a time or do you have to buy it in lots of 5, 10, etc.
Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey J- cool product. Does it have Permanent Adhesive? How thick is the stock? Does it ship flat in 4x8 sheets or rolls? Can you buy 1 sheet at a time or do you have to buy it in lots of 5, 10, etc.
Thanks!

Excellent questions, here are the answers:
#1. Yes it is permanent adhesive.
#2. It is about 4 mils thick.
#3. It comes in 48"x98' ROLLS, no cut sheets.
#4. You have to buy it by the roll.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Oops- read your first post too quick about the 48x98 - misread as 48x96 LOL

We'll keep it in mind for the exhibits. Thanks!

Excellent questions, here are the answers:
#1. Yes it is permanent adhesive.
#2. It is about 4 mils thick.
#3. It comes in 48"x98' ROLLS, no cut sheets.
#4. You have to buy it by the roll.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Do you have something that shows how the pattern goes on the roll rather than just a swatch? I can't seem to visualize it...

Bigdawg

Just Me
Lol I don't understand? The swatches in the PDF are pictures of the product as it comes off the roll.

View attachment 117628

So the swatch is showing a full 48" wide? I was having trouble visualizing how the pattern would repeat and how visible the repeat was. But I am only on my first cup of coffee so I may be totally missing something :smile:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So the swatch is showing a full 48" wide? I was having trouble visualizing how the pattern would repeat and how visible the repeat was. But I am only on my first cup of coffee so I may be totally missing something :smile:

Ohhhhh I understand now lol I'm sorry. I will get some pictures of a full length 48" piece so you can see the entire pattern.

I was also wondering how this would repeat. One would assume that it would have to be a seamless repeating pattern. If it weren't, I would think it would be pretty worthless.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I was also wondering how this would repeat. One would assume that it would have to be a seamless repeating pattern. If it weren't, I would think it would be pretty worthless.

The repeating pattern is about 3.5' long and it is difficult to spot the pattern as it is random. Once the pictures are posted you might have a better idea but like I said, its a random pattern for that very reason or else it would look really silly lol.

ikarasu

The repeating pattern is about 3.5' long and it is difficult to spot the pattern as it is random. Once the pictures are posted you might have a better idea but like I said, its a random pattern for that very reason or else it would look really silly lol.

I think what theyre getting at, is how does it look, when it gets joined together? If I were to use it as wallpaper (I wouldn't!) Would it look "Seamless", or would it be easy to tell theres two 48" pieces butted together?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I think what theyre getting at, is how does it look, when it gets joined together? If I were to use it as wallpaper (I wouldn't!) Would it look "Seamless", or would it be easy to tell theres two 48" pieces butted together?

Yes, I understand now what they meant. The pattern is hard to even notice as it is totally random and it repeats randomly every 3.5'. It looks amazing and its going to be a big deal for sure for anyone printing the wood patterns themselves.

SkyHighJK

Just wanted to chime in here real quick and mention that the "repeat pattern" is actually about every 5 feet, not 3.5 :) (That's lengthwise, there is no pattern throughout the width of the material).
And, besides noticing the repeating swirls and eddies of the 'grain' itself, there is no 'seam' or anything like that to make a repeat point visible.