• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Another One Of "THOSE" Questions

VolunteerSign

We do quite a bit of art and design for a local screen printing company here. They are doing some shirts for a festival in a couple weeks. Since the Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring (kinda / sorta) the shirt and they have no idea how well it will sell, the imprint is going to be heat transferred at the festival as not to end up with a bunch of extra shirts.

The owner of the screen printing shop usually orders screen printed transfers for jobs such as these. Here's my question...we have used heat transfer vinyl for shirts in the past...can heat transfer vinyl be printed and contour cut instead of screen printed? The job is about 600 pcs. with a finished size of 9" X 12".

If this can't be printed on vinyl, any screen printer members here that can do something like this? Would love to give it to a Signs 101 member if possible.

Thanks in advance for listening to an old man ramble yet again :)

CanuckSigns

To answer your question, yes you can print/cut the heat transfer material.

However, you are going to hate the process after the first 20 or so, the material doesn't weed great, especially if there is text.

Like someone said, for 600 pcs, you can't touch the price of screenprinting. Where heat transfer really shines in for short runs and full colour designs, where the cost of the screens and setup is more than the cost of printing.

fresh

I have plastisol transfers made all the time. You can even gang the images for extra savings!

We order from Ace Transfer Co , and I've been very happy with them. They are pretty quick (one color is usually next day!) High quality, and very reasonably priced.