• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Answers for master cutter owners!

So you bought the cheap brand plotter that people have warned you about right? Now it skips cuts diagonal lines and pauses randomly.

Well heres some info that will make your cutter run like a roland (just maybe a little LOUDER)!

First the reasons why these plotters pause sometimes.
#1 static build up and poor grounds are the number one cause for this.
#2 The packet size in your software is set by default at waay too low sizes so you computer is constantly sending tiny packets to the cutter which =pausing to catch up.
#3 Your curve settings are (again by default) too high.

Those are the major reasons for the problems you experience with these plotters.

These are ways to fix them;

#1 Make sure your machine is grounded correctly, preferably to its own outlet. Some people have reported that they have to turn off their computer to plot and the reason for this is all your equipment is sharing one ground and for some reason master cutters create a rediculous amount of static.

#2 Go into your production manager and check your packet settings, in flexi it is set at 8kb by default, go ahead and bump that number up to 1000kb. The master cutters have between 2-4mb buffer size so dont exceed 2mb.

#3 Go into production manager again and set you curve quality to medium or low setting, this will dramatically lessen the packet being sent to your cutter and is not very noticeable to the eye.

#4 For large projects set the curve quality to low.

#5 If you have a humidifier or swamp cooler(for the summer) USE them to raise the humidity to help discharge the static created. (helpful, but not required.)

#6 Make sure your settings look like this in your production manager;
Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: none
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: Hardware

Click on job defaults (in flexi click on the knife tab);
Resolution: 1000.000 steps/in
Passes: 1
Knife offset: 0.012in (having this setting wrong will prevent your cutter from completing cuts and leave a tiny piece not cut)
Packet size: 1000kb
Curve quality: medium-low depending on job size.

Fallow all that and you should have a "Normal" plotter that cuts right the first time instead of doing everything twice:cool1:!

Any other questions just ask!

Sign_Language

I have the Master XY-380P , Paid $500.00. I have had it for 2+ years and is a workhorse with no problems thus far. Of course would like to go with a Graphtec, just have not went that route yet.

The settings that you posted are helpful, as sometimes circles do not completely cut. (a little hand cut fixed that ) But overall a nice plotter for an Ebay purchase.

Again, thanks for those settings !
thank%20you.gif
:U Rock:

drakesis

Very odd my 'packet size' is grey out, when checked it only lets me go between 1kb - 16kb, it won't accept 1000kb?

jenhuedepohl

Thanks for the tips! I bought my El Cheapo for craft use, but it has since gone "pro" with great success. If I needed a full-time cutter, I might have to go with a better cuttr, but the Master has paid for itself and been perfect for my part-time business.

OldPaint

So you bought the cheap brand plotter that people have warned you about right? Now it skips cuts diagonal lines and pauses randomly.

Well heres some info that will make your cutter run like a roland (just maybe a little LOUDER)!

First the reasons why these plotters pause sometimes.
#1 static build up and poor grounds are the number one cause for this.
#2 The packet size in your software is set by default at waay too low sizes so you computer is constantly sending tiny packets to the cutter which =pausing to catch up.
#3 Your curve settings are (again by default) too high.

Those are the major reasons for the problems you experience with these plotters.

These are ways to fix them;

#1 Make sure your machine is grounded correctly, preferably to its own outlet. Some people have reported that they have to turn off their computer to plot and the reason for this is all your equipment is sharing one ground and for some reason master cutters create a rediculous amount of static.

#2 Go into your production manager and check your packet settings, in flexi it is set at 8kb by default, go ahead and bump that number up to 1000kb. The master cutters have between 2-4mb buffer size so dont exceed 2mb.

#3 Go into production manager again and set you curve quality to medium or low setting, this will dramatically lessen the packet being sent to your cutter and is not very noticeable to the eye.

#4 For large projects set the curve quality to low.

#5 If you have a humidifier or swamp cooler(for the summer) USE them to raise the humidity to help discharge the static created. (helpful, but not required.)

#6 Make sure your settings look like this in your production manager;
Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: none
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: Hardware

Click on job defaults (in flexi click on the knife tab);
Resolution: 1000.000 steps/in
Passes: 1
Knife offset: 0.012in (having this setting wrong will prevent your cutter from completing cuts and leave a tiny piece not cut)
Packet size: 1000kb
Curve quality: medium-low depending on job size.

Fallow all that and you should have a "Normal" plotter that cuts right the first time instead of doing everything twice:cool1:!

Any other questions just ask!
no question....but i do want to say...
F................YA BOUGHT A ROLAND TO START WITH YOU DONT NEED TO DO ALL THE ABOVE))))))))))))))))))))))
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

OldPaint

get a sence of humor......cowboy.........he probsbly dont even know what a horse is)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The big question is....how can I get my Roland to cut like my Graphtec. :rolleyes:

gpzjack

I found this thread very helpful. My Cheapo now runs great...just in time for my new cutter to arrive. I just picked up a Q60 ...for those that have a master cutter..its great as a backup or starter but man what a difference with a better machine.

That is all

schurms

You guys got to realize a cheap plotter is ok for a part timer. i have one and can sell anything you can do on a higher buck one. You have to understand in this world nowdays things are changing constantly. I do not like cheap chinese crap but thats life deal with it or let life pass you by.

Techman

i have one and can sell anything you can do on a higher buck one.

Yes, you can,,
but how many times do you ahve to try to get it right? How many times can you get an accurate cut which is very important for layered vinyl?
And how many feet of cuttings can you get and have it stay on track? And how much babysitting do u have to do to make sure the cutter doesn't screw up the job?

And how much vinyl is wasted redoing mistakes?

And then, finally, how muh time is lost (when it does screw up) hunting down some fix or workaround that no one knows about because fo some non standard technique or firmware requirement.???

gpzjack

My favorite on the master machine is halfway thru a project it just drags the blade thru all of your work and you have to start over...its fun.