• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anti-graffiti Laminate - Weird bubbles

Josh Klassen

We use an anti-graffiti laminate on some signs. Once and a while after mounting it to a substrate bubbles appear. Long streaky bubbles. When we try and pop them and work them out they re appear in a short time. Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? We were mounting them on an Ezy taper but when we had to re do them on we decided to mount them using our laminator with a little bit of heat...it seemed to be fine but I am still curious why it would make a difference.

craftladies

I have had the same problem. I put the lamination on the vinyl with our cold laminator. Then I applied everything to the substrate. I noticed they scratched very easily, and heat would not take out the squeegee marks. IM not sure what's going on with it

Josh Klassen

I have had the same problem. I put the lamination on the vinyl with our cold laminator. Then I applied everything to the substrate. I noticed they scratched very easily, and heat would not take out the squeegee marks. IM not sure what's going on with it

So you had similar bubbles appear though?

bigben

had same problem with vandal guard product. And even if it's a anti-graffiti laminate, a green color dry erase marker won't erase at all. It always leave a green cloud.

JLD984

Apparently it's very similar to Dry Erase which I had the same trouble with. Use a manual laminator and loosen the rollers one or two turns from where you'd have them mounting regular vinyl etc.