• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions anti slip tape for straight edge

shacho

I have an 100" straight edge and all the anti slip material is worn off the bottom. does any body know where i can buy some more of this anti slip tape or whatever it is? i have looked every where and have found nothing.

thanx

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I used a very thin piece of non-slip carpet pad, the kind used under small area rugs. I cur it into appropriate size strips ans stuck it on the backs of my 6' and 4' 2" wide drywall rulers using a couple of strips of banner tape. This was ~15 years ago and it's still there showing no signs of deterioration.

Gene@mpls

The diy stores have rolls of a rubberized 3M product that is used for... non-slip. It comes in different widths and has nobs for anti-slip, which can be sanded with a coarse sandpaper which results in a lot more surface for grip.