• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Canadian Mobile Phone Credit Card Payment Systems Available?

player

I am looking to take credit cards and payments with my cell phone. Is there anyone doing this?

I am having trouble finding one that is in Canada or available to Canadians...

Thanks

Chasez

We use one called virtual merchant (I think it may have been changed to converge) It's sorta a two part process for setting up I do believe (not too sure - boss was the one who set it up). Works well, we can accept visa, mastercard, and discovery cards, can do pre-auths. etc.

Here is the websites if you want to look into it more:

https://www.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchant/#_self
This one is for the processing interface

https://www.merchantconnect.com/CWRWeb/displayMemberLogin.do
This one is I believe the one that actually processes the cards

If you track down a contact number I would give them a call.

Hope this helps... This is the only one I've seen other than the "square" but I've heard some pretty bad things about square.

Chaz

player

We use one called virtual merchant (I think it may have been changed to converge) It's sorta a two part process for setting up I do believe (not too sure - boss was the one who set it up). Works well, we can accept visa, mastercard, and discovery cards, can do pre-auths. etc.

Here is the websites if you want to look into it more:

https://www.myvirtualmerchant.com/VirtualMerchant/#_self
This one is for the processing interface

https://www.merchantconnect.com/CWRWeb/displayMemberLogin.do
This one is I believe the one that actually processes the cards

If you track down a contact number I would give them a call.

Hope this helps... This is the only one I've seen other than the "square" but I've heard some pretty bad things about square.

Chaz

Thanks. I will look into this^.

As far as square goes, I tried to apply, the application gave me an error (even though I am sure I filled it out correctly) then it said because I was rejected, I was banned for life from using their service...

Chasez

Thanks. I will look into this^.

As far as square goes, I tried to apply, the application gave me an error (even though I am sure I filled it out correctly) then it said because I was rejected, I was banned for life from using their service...

I'm not too sure about Square, never looked into it much but from my readings a lot of people have had issues with it. As far as application and being banned... seems sketchy. I would keep an eye on your whatever information that you used on the application. Unfortunately there are a lot of scam artists out there doing exactly stuff like that.

Chaz

reQ

Friend of mine uses square for his business (we are in Saskatchewan) works good he says, never used it myself.

Baz

I use Square as well. Been three years now and have never had a problem.

Love it. :thumb:

Browner

Not sure if the service is in Canada yet though... will take a read through.

Yeah - we've been using PayPal for years. Got really excited when they announced their mobile reader. Inquired, and was told they'd let us know as soon as it was available to Canucks. I think it's been a couple of years now :(

player

It was Square Up that I set up the account and they said because I made an error in setting it up I would never be able to use their service.

I checked I still have the account, I can log on, my bank account was verified but when I try to bill out it says I need to activate my account.

When I click on activate it just goes back to the main page...

SQUARE

If you dont have that much of CC activity and you wan to put the MC, VISA, AMEX logo in you ads.. Square is the way to go pay as you go!

rjssigns

Check here they use Clover products: http://www.smallbusinessmerchantservice.com/canadian-credit-card-processing/

We switched from Square to Clover from First Data.

Why? Because it is through my local bank and a rep actually came to my shop. A real live walking talking human being! If I have any issues I have two options for resolution. Good luck getting that level of service from Square.

Clover also costs less. I pay 2.39% + 5 cents per transaction. So far so good.

biggmann

I use one called Payd www.getpayd.com and is good because it takes credit card payments but also debit cards something square cant do. It is a mobile phone app that connects to a small keypad via bluetooth. I have used it for a while now and never had any issues with it, I accept a payment and the next day its in my bank account. I believe that debit payments are free and the credit card isnt that much, I cant remember off the top of my head but wasn't much. I would look into that, I dont think you would be dissapointed since there arent many options here in Canada

player

I use one called Payd www.getpayd.com and is good because it takes credit card payments but also debit cards something square cant do. It is a mobile phone app that connects to a small keypad via bluetooth. I have used it for a while now and never had any issues with it, I accept a payment and the next day its in my bank account. I believe that debit payments are free and the credit card isnt that much, I cant remember off the top of my head but wasn't much. I would look into that, I dont think you would be dissapointed since there arent many options here in Canada

Interesting... Thank you for showing me this option. I see they have a limit of $5k per month, and over that they will withhold payments... Also the debit card plan costs $20 per month on top of the fees for processing.

Does Square Up have limits? I got an answer to my email, and they are giving me one more chance to fill out the forms and verify my account. The one thing they are suggesting I give them is my Social Insurance Number. I never give this out to anyone..., I don't feel comfortable to giving it to a company from another country, but it might be the only way to go here.