• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any experience with 20/20 Color inks for Roland - Alternatives?

mmblarg

Hi all!

We've had some terrible experiences with 20/20 Color inks for Roland - mostly the cartridges wont communicate with the printers when they are empty and frequently dries out the heads. Our shop owner is curious if anyone has experience with this brand and what people suggest as a comparably priced alternative.

Thanks in advance!

shoresigns

We tried Clear Colour inks on our Roland awhile back. They didn't dry up the heads or anything, but the big trade-offs for the lower price were less vibrant colours and we had to slow everything down for them to dry, and they were less scratch resistant. So definitely worthwhile if you're a cheapskate and your clients don't need quality. We're back on OEM now.

ChicagoGraphics

I had terrible experiences with 20/20 inks with a mimaki, the cart chips never worked properly, but the ink was better.then oem. brighter.colors and great scratch resisent

nate

20/20 didn't work for us years ago on our Rolands years ago. Exact same problems you describe. We had great luck with Solaris and Triangle inks.

One thing I noticed was that these 3rd part inks tended to flash quicker than OEM. So if we had the printing platen heat at 50 degrees Celsius with OEM, we had to go to 45 degrees with Solaris.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Jetbest eco solvent ink made in Taiwan is one of the best third party inks for Roland printers. Give Jetbest a good search on signs101.

1. Print with Roland ink
2. Use same color profile
3. Plug and play
4. 100% satisfaction guarantee

Last edited by a moderator:

mmblarg

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! After going through a few of the forums and gathering names of inks that members on here have been advising, our owner is looking into Triangle Inks due to the availability between three distributors that we frequently use.

jagsouthern

Jetbest eco solvent ink made in Taiwan is one of the best third party inks for Roland printers. Give Jetbest a good search on signs101.

1. Print with Roland ink
2. Use same color profile
3. Plug and play
4. 100% satisfaction guarantee
Don’t agree at all. Used Jetbest bulk until a big batch of bad yellow made it’s way to end users. Cost over 3k to replace head and all the tubing. Never admitted there was a problem.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We started selling Jetbest ink in year 2016. During our selling period, we have never seen one bad batch. Do you have an idea when the bad batch of yellow take place? Who did you talk to after the problem? Were you reasonably compensated?

Premier Colour, Inc

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Don’t agree at all. Used Jetbest bulk until a big batch of bad yellow made it’s way to end users. Cost over 3k to replace head and all the tubing. Never admitted there was a problem.

We started selling Jetbest ink in year 2016. During our selling period, we have never seen one bad batch. Do you have an idea when the bad batch of yellow take place? Who did you talk to after the problem? Were you reasonably compensated?

Premier Colour, Inc

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We will be at ISA 2018 booth [HASHTAG]#4223[/HASHTAG] from 3/22 to 3/24. Please come by. We want to know more about the problem. If not, I can give you a call.

Francis Kao
Premier Colour, Inc

jagsouthern

Premier Colour, Inc
Bought Jetbest inks from Jetbest. No doubt it was bad batch from others conversations at the time. Did not come from you. They were having delivery problems at the time getting yellow from China but reason became obvious. I would buy third party domestic but never again imported.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Bought Jetbest inks from Jetbest. No doubt it was bad batch from others conversations at the time. Did not come from you. They were having delivery problems at the time getting yellow from China but reason became obvious. I would buy third party domestic but never again imported.

Thank you for your input. Everyone makes mistake. So far we have been selling great on Jetbest ink.

asd

may be they change their formula, the last set of inks I got started to clog my captops too so I flush the lines and install OEM no problems any more. We ran 20/20 for about 8 months since I don't use the roland as much as the epson, like you said the inks are drying and creating problems

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've been using Nazdar in our Rolands for the last year or two. So far so good....ink kinda stinks but $88 vs $155 for OEM is worth it from what I've seen so far.