• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any good wall mural that doesn't deforms when printing on 360?

jimmmi

Hello, i want to print wall mural, not vinyl, not simple paper, something like textile mural that sticks with glue, wallpaper i dont know the exact word, but that will not deform from latex 360 heat. So it will line up perfectly. Any suggestions?

Reveal1

Phototex a good option. But are you wanting to switch materials primarily because of the panel alignment issues? If so you might want to instead re-evaluate your installation techniques. We've used Latex going on 10 years and wall graphics are our no. 1 product, most of it non-textile. Can't say we've experienced much of those sort of issues that didn't turn out to be installation related.

jimmmi

Phototex a good option. But are you wanting to switch materials primarily because of the panel alignment issues? If so you might want to instead re-evaluate your installation techniques. We've used Latex going on 10 years and wall graphics are our no. 1 product, most of it non-textile. Can't say we've experienced much of those sort of issues that didn't turn out to be installation related.

Basically havent print this kind of material yet, and i want to start with a material that has good results. Which phototex type do you use?

Last edited:

jimmmi

Just plain 'ole original Photoex. They have an opaque version with blockout, but haven't tried that.

Also can you please explain what do you mean " If so you might want to instead re-evaluate your installation techniques."?

BALLPARK

Phototex is our brand of choice. Prints look great and they have multiple versions for different project specs. Good luck...

burgmurk

phototex is a dream to apply, just make sure to get the grey backed version or your joins will suffer.
I've also had great results with the avery 2631 and 2636 films, if you're looking for more 'texture'.

jimmmi

phototex is a dream to apply, just make sure to get the grey backed version or your joins will suffer.
I've also had great results with the avery 2631 and 2636 films, if you're looking for more 'texture'.

Are these self adhesive or using external glue?

Reveal1

Also can you please explain what do you mean " If so you might want to instead re-evaluate your installation techniques."?

Lots of good video out there and we subscribe to Justin Pate's Wrap Institute which has a wealth of information. Common problems for panel match would include excessive handling of the prints along the edges, using heat during application , pulling large swaths of liner (allows weight of material to stretch panels).

flyplainsdrifta

if your looking for a commercial wallcovering that wallpaper paste is needed for, we've used the Ultraflex Bali Hai media for some applications and have really liked printing on it. havent seen much in the way of shrinkage or stretching.