• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any help with this print problem appreciated

bob_5793

Hi I have an Encad 850, run as just CMYk (1x4).

Using GX inks, onto a coated poly 200mic.

When running out a full tint, I do not get a reliable flat colour ...

Where the tint is broken by text - ie on the red image - you can see the red runs slightly lighter.

On other prints I get 'stripes' through what is meant to be a uniform flat tint ... only very subtle - but you can see them.

At the same time the colour bar 'tram line' shows marking at the sides of the media as the carraige comes out of the docking station, these marks appear only on 1500mm media, this does not occur on 914mm medias, I have tried this with the 'wipers' box removed, and cannot see anything that would be physically touching the media.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5149.jpg
    IMG_5149.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_5152.jpg
    IMG_5152.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20161002_120627.jpg
    IMG_20161002_120627.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20161002_120640.jpg
    IMG_20161002_120640.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5117.jpg
    IMG_5117.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 209

Snydo

and cannot see anything that would be physically touching the media.

I would say the last image is your print heading 'scraping' the media as it passes over, maybe a media feed issue?

Most solvent printers I've worked with require a well dialed in profile for solid grays or blues to print perfectly.

bob_5793

Now it is winter, the issue with the last image seems to have gone (black streaks in the tram lines).

Is there a way of measuring static - and getting rid of it - our electricities 'earthing' is 'sufficient' but not what it could be - according to a sparky.

I am wondering if it is a 'prime' issue - ie poor prime - low pressure in the lines, we are going to replace the cartridge septums, I see we can buy longer stem septums than what we presently have - anyone know what the difference is - between short and long stemmed septums:

Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG