Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any herd of bullet proof vinyl?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by signwizz, Jul 23, 2012.

1. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

i have a buddy of mine looking to sell and install this bullet proof vinyl but he's having a hard time contacting a vendor anyone have any links or contacts to this

shane

Tags:
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    I'm assuming you are talking about laminated bullet-proof glass? That is made up of layering glass with a special film during the production stage of making the glass, it's not something that you can add on after the fact.

There is security film that can be applied after the fact, I believe it's made by 3M, but i don't think it's rated as being bullet-proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-i1MsVXFaA&feature=fvwrel&NR=1

3. Tint Guru

Tint Guru Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Bullet RESISTENT FILMS

I Think your looking for a window tinting film known as 'security film'.

Google it, there are many manufacturers, none will promise "bullet proof".

It can actually stop a base ball bat or a fire axe on the first try. It's a very thick laminate with some extremely strong glue, and basically what it does is as the window is struck, it keeps the peices of tempered glass stuck to the film so it does not fall apart.

It's applied to the inside of the glass, and is by no means 'bullet proof'. The only substance I know of that is bullet proof is 3/4 to 1" thick lexan. There is a reason they retro fit politicians cars like a mercedes with this kind of thing. It's truly one of the only cars you can fit this type/thickness of lexan into stock doors. CP

4. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    And if they were not politicians they would not need bullet proof glass.:ROFLMAO:

5. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    No, I want a roll of bullet proof adhesive vinyl!

Then I can wrap my hover car.

6. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    nothing is bullet proof. just ask my 50cal. its called bullet resistant.

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Maybe with a thousand bajillion layers it would work.

BTW I'm jealous. You have a 50 BMG and I don't.:notworthy: