• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Install Tips for deep ridges on a roof?

Coban

Recently I had a new Ford F 150 come into the shop and had a rough time getting the 3M 1080 to lay cleanly on the roof. We usually start from the back and work forward but it seems we need to work from the middle out to the side so the vinly will tuck into the ridges and not have to be stretched (don't want it lifting) in an area that takes so much abuse. Anyone have any tips?

Thank you.

MikePro

no way around it unless you want to roll up/down across the ridges and patch the front parts in.... which wouldnt be the worst thing ever since no one will really see your seams.

however, i've stretched-in the vinyl with great success plenty of times. no lifting as far as I know.
no different than brick & mortar line wall wraps. span the roof, press vinyl into center of gap, work the air out from there.

I do as much stretching/applying as i can without heat, but then I ALWAYS post-heat to "set the memory" of the vinyl.