• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any mid range die cutting machine?

MatthewTimothy

I'm looking for a mid-range die cutting machine that I can do custom cuts. I have found small end machines such as this but I doubt it could handle up over time or cut around 100lb stock.

1. Anyone familiar with a mid range die cutter?
  2. Anyone used any rip software with a die cutter?

EDIT: does anyone have another alternative to do custom card stock I am open to ideas. thanks

MatthewTimothy

No sadly I am not. I need to find a solution that I can use to do something like this for someone and I have no clue what to look for. :banghead:

custom_die_cut_cards.png

samples_56-893x502.jpg

If I can find anything better I am all ears!

O

onlinestar

?

[video=youtube;Vg11FRYoq9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg11FRYoq9M[/video]

rjssigns

Quite easily done. It is called hiring a sub with the proper equipment. Ever mess with dies? They use these things called "rules". A scalpel is dull by comparison. Don't even go there.

Rojo

I have a lightly used foil stamping/embossing/die cutting press for sale. It is very powerful. It would cut through any stock you might want to use. Even has a semi automatic mode. It has been sitting covered for a couple years so it needs fresh air tubes and an inexpensive compressor to operate. You have to buy dies in whatever shape needed. I paid $4500 for it new. Asking $650. Problem is shipping as it is very heavy. Would have to be crated and go by freight, or picked up.

Rob

Attachments

• Kobo 812.jpg
    Kobo 812.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 253

rfulford

I aggree. Sub it out. Especially if you are looking at 1 design that you will cut multiple times. After the dies are made, die cutting is really cheap. Hang on to the dies and send them back with the next job.

Dzrt1st

Go here: http://www.tippmannclicker.com/ - it will cut trough pretty much everything you might need. You'll have to make the dies for it though.

+1

We have a model 700 Tippman clicker that we bought several years ago for a special project. Works great. Dies aren't too expensive depending on the volume of cuts you will be doing and how intricate the die is.

We bought our dies from Precision Steel Rule Die in Idaho. Very reasonably priced with very fast turnaround.

slopoke

I use my Mimaki CG-160FX plotter for doing short custom die cut runs. If your doing 100# or 12pt coated cover it can take a couple of passes but it works great. I have a blade holder with a paper-only blade for easy swapping back and forth from vinyl to paper. It's a great service to offer and even with charging to swap out sheets it's still less expensive for the customer then having die's made.