• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

any NEAT ideas?

ABPGraphics

My scrap bin is OUT OF CONTROL as you can see - I am really looking
to clean this up and have absolutely NO IDEAS! anyone come up with any clever ways to control the scrap population?

Attachments

• ugh.jpg
    ugh.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 57

wildside

we use this great big blue box out back, a big truck comes three times a week and takes it, we hope all the pieces have a happy trip in the big truck:Big Laugh

SignaramaFL

Donate them to a local school, after school program or daycare.

Also I would search the forums for this kind of thread, I've seen a few different threads started for just this since I've joined :)

Mike F

Donate it to a school or make some sample jobs to have laying around the shop for prospective customers to check out.

Kottwitz-Graphics

My scrap bin is OUT OF CONTROL as you can see - I am really looking
to clean this up and have absolutely NO IDEAS! anyone come up with any clever ways to control the scrap population?

Gas and a match? I try to keep my scraps down to a minimum, because it takes over before I know it...

I started to throw it away, but I fill up my files with some decals and sell them to a local stereo shop to sell.

Jillbeans

Burn 'em (they go up FAST!) and make s'mores.
They will taste a bit off tho.
Or sell 'em to CriCutters for big money.
Love....Jill

ABPGraphics

Yes school - good idea - but what about the remainder I would like to keep... any NEAT ideas for the rest? - I have seen someone use a wine rack before - looked kinda cool

Pat Whatley

We used to roll them up and stick them inside the empty cardboard cores. Leave a little sticking out so you can see the color. We eventually broke out the saw and cut 3" off each tube so we could shove the vinyl all the way in and still have the color showing. We had 40-50 of these tubes stacked up in the bottom units of our shelves for years. The idea worked awesomely when we were running the Gerber 4-B....when we went to friction fed plotters it didn't take that long to realize it wasn't worth the trouble so we gave it all to the first school that called and asked for some (filled some poor teachers trunk and back seat)

Now we follow the wsgrafix example except we're using the cheaper orange receptacle that only gets picked up once a week.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Scraps hardly get used. They tend to sit around and get thrown out when the pile gets to big. I just throw them in the trash right away.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
just sold a 2" stack of scraps to a lady who wanted to experiment with them.

otherwise I just cut shop logos with the phone number and a little slogan and give them to customers, or i cut stuff that I can give away to kids/wives/whatever such as the state of texas, cow skulls, nautical stars, etc otherwise i try to toss as fast as possible.