• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any place teaching neon

MatthewTimothy

Many years ago I was offered to go to a seminar and training for neon bending but at the time I was not interested. I wish I would have gone now but I was wondering if there is any place on the east coast teaching it anymore??

allamericantrade

It's getting further and fewer. Seams like the LED age is making it into a dying art. Personally I love to watch my Neon guy at work.

WildWestDesigns

There is a shop that does custom work down in Tullahoma that might know somebody. Can't remember the name right off the bat though. They are off the main drag (55 I think is what it is), not that far from 24.

MikePro

there was an advanced art class taught at UW Madison that included neon fabrication when i was a student there... shame i never took it. Although I have my own in-house bender that can train me should i ever have the time.

Do you have a neon supply company in your area? They would be able to point you in the right direction, if no one here can.
Our guy had to go 6 hours away when he was trained over a decade ago...

MatthewTimothy

there was an advanced art class taught at UW Madison that included neon fabrication when i was a student there... shame i never took it. Although I have my own in-house bender that can train me should i ever have the time.

Do you have a neon supply company in your area? They would be able to point you in the right direction, if no one here can.
Our guy had to go 6 hours away when he was trained over a decade ago...

I know of a guy, but he wouldnt tell me, he would be too afraid that I would be his competition :rolleyes: