• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any suggestion on how to upgrade my laser? Thank you

signagesic

I currently have a 100W CO2 laser and my primary use for it is to cut HDPE plastic. I'm mostly dealing with 1/4" but do occasionally do 3/8. I would like to do 3/4 but even at 1/4, it cuts fairly slow. I 'm using a 4" focal lens and running Lasercut 5.3 software but in AutoCad. I have no problem cutting 1" clear acrylic at a decent speed but with the HDPE it take a bit longer to cut, so i was thinking if i buy a stronger laser tube and replace my existing one, then i should be able to decrease my cutting time.

I am thinking of changing a new tube of CO2 180W. I figure i'll need to buy another power supply that is rated for a 180W laser, is there anything else that i will need?

Also, i would like to make my laser more versatile, so if i could cut 0.032" stainless sheet, what will be ideal. In order to do that, would i need oxygen assist and what kind of focal lens would be recommended? 2.5"?
Any suggestion would be great helpful, thank you guys in advance :rock-n-roll:

Damian