• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any UV Equipment out of Warranty?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Any of you members in here running any UV equipment that is out of warranty? Looking for some feedback.

ikarasu

Out of warranty or no longer supported? Running a fb500 that's almost a decade old... Support for it is ending in 2-3 years. No more ink or parts... Thank God for third party Inks!

Sindex Printing

We are running a Mutoh 1638uh. I increased the physical cleaning of the machine and do the daily maintenance more often as a precaution.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Feedback on what? I have never purchased extended warranties on our printers. We just pay for service as we need it. I've saved 10's of thousands of dollars over the years.

Exactly the same here. Cheapest warranty/service contract we found for our mimaki was about 2k a year, that included x amount for parts etc excluding the print head. We end up just getting an engineer to service it 2 times a year and do any necessary parts and it’s probably less than a quarter of that per year. Had one head replaced but it wouldn’t have been covered anyway!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ok good to know, I have been working with https://www.facebook.com/cmykengineering/ on another project and he has been telling me about his UV ink solution, so I talked to some of his users and no one had a bad thing to say. Most said they are really awesome, but one person said if your machine is still in warranty then its probably best to stay with the OEM Ink.

Helping locate ideal clients for a super cool guy is what I am trying to do. The ideal customer seems to be out of warranty users and I was not sure how big that market was so I came here to find out some more. I am no expert in non-oem inks, but Kirill over there is something else when it comes to knowing about ink and pigments and competition. I want to help get his ink into new users.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Biggest market is definitely out of warranty machines. Though at one stage on our mimaki, the savings we were making on third party vs OEM we could have bought a new head every 4 weeks and still saved a fortune so the warranty can stuff it lol

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
The only warranty we've ever had with any of our machines was what was included with the purchase. After that we've taken care of all the service unless it wasn't doable, then paid to have someone come in.
It's always been way less expensive to do it ourselves even if we have to have someone come in. I think AGFA wanted something like $30,000/ year for a service contract. And that didn't include heads.

UV Flatbed Machine History
Gandiinovations Jeti 3150 (Retired After 5 years)
AGFA Jeti 1224 HDC (9 Years old. Still in Use)
Oce Arizona 660XT (Sold After 2 years)
AGFA Jeti Titan HS (5 Years old. Still in Use)

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
We run a Stratojet EFB-2512 almost 4-5ish years, didn't need any warranties on it... I think its waste of $$ unless you by EFI or Durst !