• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody had Problems with 75m Gerber Foils??

Lew Hands

Hi Guys,

using a 75m black gerber foil for the first time, and having some issues!
The black is printing about 1mm out to other colours, even with choke and spread its still doing it. I know we can always expect a slight mismatch but not this bad.
Has anybody had similar issues? Its only been on the 75m black, no other foil. Is there anything I can do to sort this?

Thanks,

Lew

Jburns

Yes there is a foil calibration function in the omega software. I have never used it but I imagine it works well. It lays down strips of color and then you make changes in software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The color to color registration is affected by the relative amount of foil on the take up and supply spools of each foil. Printing with larger length foils exacerbates the issue. As Jburns mentions, there is a solution provided in Omega 4 and later.

Lew Hands

Ah damn I think I’m on Omega 3.5ish! I guess I’m gonna have to stick to 45m foils then and just use the 75m foil on jobs where I don’t need the accuracy

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Before the utility became available, I would just go into the file and select one of the problem colors, then move it one or two centimeters on the x-axis and save the job with an alternate name. I would repeat this for as many alternate distances as I thought might be needed. Then simply run the alternate job that does the best job at correcting the error. It's pretty easy and straightforward to do.