Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody had Problems with 75m Gerber Foils??

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Lew Hands, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Lew Hands

Lew Hands Member

Jun 26, 2015
    England
    Hi Guys,

using a 75m black gerber foil for the first time, and having some issues!
    The black is printing about 1mm out to other colours, even with choke and spread its still doing it. I know we can always expect a slight mismatch but not this bad.
    Has anybody had similar issues? Its only been on the 75m black, no other foil. Is there anything I can do to sort this?

Thanks,

Lew

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Yes there is a foil calibration function in the omega software. I have never used it but I imagine it works well. It lays down strips of color and then you make changes in software

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    The color to color registration is affected by the relative amount of foil on the take up and supply spools of each foil. Printing with larger length foils exacerbates the issue. As Jburns mentions, there is a solution provided in Omega 4 and later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lew Hands

Lew Hands Member

Jun 26, 2015
    England
    Ah damn I think I’m on Omega 3.5ish! I guess I’m gonna have to stick to 45m foils then and just use the 75m foil on jobs where I don’t need the accuracy

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Before the utility became available, I would just go into the file and select one of the problem colors, then move it one or two centimeters on the x-axis and save the job with an alternate name. I would repeat this for as many alternate distances as I thought might be needed. Then simply run the alternate job that does the best job at correcting the error. It's pretty easy and straightforward to do.

• Like Like x 1