• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone ever buy ink from Superimage?

TimToad

We're trying to make contingency plans for our GERBER Solara IONx printer as the OEM supplies start to dry up now that GERBER has washed their hands of the entire product line. Our printer is in excellent condition and we're just trying to just stretch things until we choose which new flatbed to buy.

I found a Chinese company named SuperImage that claims to manufacture the same formula. I asked for photos of the label and they sent me all manner of photos that show the nozzle, pouch shape, size, printers it fits in, but the one photo of the label with the ingredients in it isn't clear enough to read.

The price per pouch is considerably lower and I tried to order one pouch but the bank transfer fee and shipping charge for such a small box is outrageously high. Suddenly, the cost isn't that much lower than what we pay for the OEM ink now.

Anyone with an Solara IONx ever order from these folks and if so, how was your experience?

The printer will become a boat anchor at some point, but until then, our intent is to run it until the wheels fall off.