• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Anyone ever install window perf on both sides of window?

Aelin

I have a client for whom I installed window perf for a while back, and they are now wanting the inside of the window covered as well. They don't care about visibility and just want to block more of the light, so I don't think putting window perf on the interior as well will be a problem but I feel like it may look a bit strange from close up.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and how it turned out?

bannertime

I always start by explaining to people that perforated window graphics primary and only purpose is to use your window space for advertising while retaining the ability to see out. It's never about managing light or temperature or blocking the view of one side of the window.

Then offer to show some materials that can like window tints and coatings or introduce them to a window glazier that does that stuff.

If that still doesn't settle the situation, I'd show them a test of what it could look like. It's likely that it'll be uneven and some parts will have more light coming through than others.

Raum Divarco

General Manager CUTWORX USA / Amcad & Graphics
I have a client for whom I installed window perf for a while back, and they are now wanting the inside of the window covered as well. They don't care about visibility and just want to block more of the light, so I don't think putting window perf on the interior as well will be a problem but I feel like it may look a bit strange from close up.

we had a tricky one once. They wanted the holes to line up as much as possible. Since the perf material is a dry application, i laminated some clear window film that was compatible with wet application. That was the quickest thing i could think of so i could float the second side to get it lined up as much as possible.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

You can accomplish pretty easily with a clear perf if you have white ink capability.

Aelin

we had a tricky one once. They wanted the holes to line up as much as possible. Since the perf material is a dry application, i laminated some clear window film that was compatible with wet application. That was the quickest thing i could think of so i could float the second side to get it lined up as much as possible.

Thank you Raum, that's a good idea. I may try something like that.

Aelin

I always start by explaining to people that perforated window graphics primary and only purpose is to use your window space for advertising while retaining the ability to see out. It's never about managing light or temperature or blocking the view of one side of the window.

Then offer to show some materials that can like window tints and coatings or introduce them to a window glazier that does that stuff.

If that still doesn't settle the situation, I'd show them a test of what it could look like. It's likely that it'll be uneven and some parts will have more light coming through than others.

Originally they didn't want to change anything about the light let in, they just wanted some cool graphics facing the outside of the building on the windows. So I installed that perf a while back.

Now they are wanting printed graphics facing the inside too and some of the light blocked. I may see if I can sell them on using a printable opaque vinyl on the inside to block the light and visibility entirely, but they would like to do perf if possible. I guess I could get the holes to match up maybe 50% so it blocks some but not all of the light?

HecklnDecalr

We had installed perf on the interior and exterior of one of our shop windows before. It made a weird optical illusion. If you look at it while you're moving at all it looks very strange. It's very distracting and I wouldn't recommend it. That being said I don't remember what % it was. maybe it was mismatched and that caused the effect. I would do a small test first.