• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone ever used vector from can stock?

PROBIRD

Tried it for the week and every vector image i bought actually stops my flexi program, design is 52 mb and my computer says high cpu usage, so i went and bought a new dell I5 processor with 8 gigs of ram, 2 monitors and has 2 hard drives in it, low and behold, same thing.

Says low virtual memory now or low on memory.

Is it the vectors or am i just not doing something right, the store bought images work perfectly, these do not...

Where do you people get your clipart?

Thanks for any input.

dhamlett15

I have this happen with files from vector stock some time but I am always able to open the same file in Illustrator no with no problems.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If it's 52 MB, it's a very complex vector and may have been saved in a version that's too high and that your version of Flexi doesn't read. Do you have Illustrator or Corel to open it with to see?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
52meg?
Are you importing those to print or set up to cut?
Flexi is not the best at talking to other design programs.
Do you have anything else you can open them up in to take a look, like Draw or Illustrator?
I don't think it is the size of the import or your system, more likely something within the file Flexi does not know what to do with so it hangs.

wayne k
guam usa

PROBIRD

I will give that a shot in corel tomorrow.

The one art panel i made was 52 mb, took about 30 minutes to rip.

Can you save a design that is 122" x 60" in a different format and still print to a mutoh?
I was told to save in pdf then print it, but it still messed up.

Thanks for the info.

Techman

what is your resolution. A panel that big needs no more than 100 dpi at most.Lower dpi will lower the size of the file.

Also. save as a pdf then open it and save it again. For some reason that sometimes lowers the dpf file size.

PROBIRD

Also a little off topic, does anyone know how to get a seh print server going?

I bought printer used and got it with it, but the guy did not know how to get it to work, he had a computer guy come in and set it up.
I really do not like paying someone to do something like that, l kinda like knowing how to do it in case something happens and i need to redo it.

The new puter does not have a place in it for a parallel card, so i guess i need to get it working.
I bought a usb to parallel cord but that does not work on it.
Thanks again for all the help.