• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone got any roland dx2 printheads for sale?

Wayne84

Hi, after buying a Roland cj500 that came with 2 brandnew printheads i installed them without flushing the system out and changing the ink, i was to eager to get is running.
the printer printed brilliant for about 1 day then the heads started clogging!

Anyone no of anyone that is selling any heads? or where i can get any cheap??

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Wayne:thankyou:

Wayne84

just been looking deep in the www, found some at $130 which is about £83. explorer crashed and ive lost the page :( it said somethin about being direct from china.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

The heads can be cleaned. I've cleaned them after the printer had been setting for 2 years in a barn with ink still in them.

Wayne84

How did you do it?

I have tried everything! even got an old pump and put a motor on it to cycle cleaning solution round the head but still didn't work!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I have tried everything! even got an old pump and put a motor on it to cycle cleaning solution round the head but still didn't work!

these heads should be treated like a lady not a whore....

way too much hooking a pump up to it. a syringe with slight pressure is all that you need....

you should have got the machine up and running with the old heads, then after its set, put the new ones in....

Wayne84

yes i should have! but think im goimg down that route where you learn the hard way!
i had a backlog of work! just needed it up and running! suppose i was taking shortcuts!
Gotta say tho im gonna do the job right when i find some new head! take a little more time!!

Baz

Curious to know if you really have to flush the inks out when changing DX2 heads. I have everything i need to change the dampers, o-rings, capping station, pump and heads. I will be doing it this week but after reading this i am wondering if i skip the "flushing the inklines with cleaning solution" part will i be looking for trouble?

Wayne84

Baz, the printer i bought was stood for over a year, but suppose it would not do yours any harm to flush all the lines etc would it?
Its the only reason why i only got a day or so of good printing on my machine before the head got blocked up i can think of it doing that! after all it did come with a post it note attached to the printer saying "Flush First"!!! should have listened!!
my capping station had a good seal and everything!

Baz

Yeah ... I guess i should ... That's what my service manual says to do (SC-500). My printer has been running steady and has not been sitting idle at all. I had talked to a couple of techs to come in and do it but one of them is in Montreal (2 hours away ... if there is no traffic ... ha!) and the other is close in Ottawa but seemed hesitant since he is new and doesn't know my printer. I don't know if i want to pay him to learn on my machine. So i'm preparing to do the work myself. I have had this printer since it was brand new and this will be the second and final time the heads will be replaced. I will be looking for a new printer this fall. (No latex for me ... Doesn't seem like the right printer for my shop)

Wayne84

Well i have just started up on my own after working for sign companies for the last eight years! so this is my first printer!
I have worked on another cj500 eco sol for the last year and think its a great machine so i went and bought one! finances or stopping me buying the machine i wanted (mimaki jv160sp) as i worked on this one for 2 year!
Cant believe i clogged my head up after a few days of use on the roland! silly me!
now im skint lol and cant earn money without having my machine working properly!
I am actually using it at the moment as a plotter! gotta say its the best plotter i have use! It is very accurate and weeding is a doddle! :)

Wayne84

oh and have you got the service manual for it? if not recommend getting it lol i downloaded it in 3 parts and it has tought me a lot!

Baz

Yeah i got the service manual when it came out. I don't have a digital copy of it (maybee i still do but i haven't checked since i printed it all on paper and have it in a binder. :thumb:)