Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had problems with Triangle inks?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by enes, Jan 21, 2020.

1. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    Hi guys
    In march 2018 I bought a new roland rf640. Version with double cmyk....after about 3 months of printing it just started loosing blue nozzle than black and so on. A few cleanings would cure the issue but it would do the same thing repeatedly .
    My roland techitian left a epson SC so I can continue working and they could not fix the problem so they gave me a brand new RF640 2 months ago.

Again with the new RF theese last few days the machine is doing the same loss of nozzles as the previous one

Only after medium or a powerfull clean I can print a few meters and again it looses cyan .... magenta

With the first and the new RF we are using Triangle inks . Double cmyk .... no head strikes . And i regulary look after the machine
    My techitian has no clue ...

Nozzle test photos attached

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      75.1 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      108.6 KB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      151.3 KB
      Views:
    Tags:
  2. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    We are on our 2nd RF and have never used anything but RXV bulk system, not a problem in 5years. Ten years before that with bulk Triangle on 3 Rolands and no issues at all.

3. hazartilirot

hazartilirot Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Ukraine
    Well, Once I wanted to use triangle inks but then as I read reviews of customer I decided to switch to Afford 707.
    Many customers say that triangle might be used under the following condition if one doesn't stop printing 24/7. Otherwise the print head would have the same problem as you have mentioned.

I suggest you change inks to something else... like Marabu or Nutec.

4. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Change cap tops and do a cap adjust. are you putting cleaning solution in the caps weekly?

5. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    Since the machine is only a few months old , we didn't change cap top or dampers ...
    Seems its some kind of roland production error
    On the first machine that had the same issues they tried replacing dampers captop and even the printhead and the problem was still there
    We're currently waiting for another technitian to take a look , I'll post it here if they find a solution

6. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    What’s the actual system like? Our first mimaki system had inks exposed to the air (lid over, loosely sealed) and we had intermittent magenta drop outs. Switched to an ink system that had the vacuum bags and haven’t had a problem since.

7. enes

enes New Member

Jul 5, 2017
    cazin
    Not ciss system but Regular ink cartridges (440ml.) , double CMYK like standard cartridges