• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Have A Good Icc Profile For Roland Sp-300v?

IsItFasst

So I have been using a few different profiles for years. The problem is some print blues purple, some print reds orange, some print grays all distorted. I can't seem to find a single profile that works for all colors. The best I have that does everything 90% correct is a Orajet 3641 profile. But there is some slight banding in the red and it is SLOW since it uses 8 passes. Speeding it to 4 passes doesn't really change anything that I can see but the banding in the red is still too noticeable for me. Does anyone have a good profile for the SP/flexi combo?

FYI. I have tried about 20 different profiles while trying different tweaks on all of them. Even bought a gretagmacbeth i1 a few years ago to try and make things perfect but it ended up not working.

FrankW

The best profile is the one created actually on your machine and media. Regularly, profiling with i1 should work if you do it right. Which version of Flexi do you have? What means exactly "not working"?

IsItFasst

The best profile is the one created actually on your machine and media. Regularly, profiling with i1 should work if you do it right. Which version of Flexi do you have? What means exactly "not working"?
I should've clarified that I bought a used one (years ago) but it doesn't seem to actually work. I was getting some type of error when trying to use it.

splizaat

The best profile we ever used on our SP300V was the oracal 3165G profile and we printed every material we had with that same profile, except banners (generic banner 1). The black was nice solid black, the reds were pretty darn close to red (maybe try clicking the cyan up 1 notch in versa works), and the grey was passable (with the magenta down 1 notch in vw). We were happy with the print quality too.

bigblocktrader

The best profile we ever used on our SP300V was the oracal 3165G profile and we printed every material we had with that same profile, except banners (generic banner 1). The black was nice solid black, the reds were pretty darn close to red (maybe try clicking the cyan up 1 notch in versa works), and the grey was passable (with the magenta down 1 notch in vw). We were happy with the print quality too.

This also works for me,

IsItFasst

The problem I am having with the profiles is that if I get my red and burgundy to print right most of the other colors are all static looking. But if I use or tweak a profile to where most of the colors look right then there is banding in the red and burgundy (or the red prints orange). Hundreds of test prints of testing different profiles and tweaking them this is consistently the problem.

As for the i1, it has been so long I can't even remember the issue. But I think I determined it wasn't reading the material. And after talking to tech support it sounded like it needed to be sent in...which was so damn expensive I just put it in the box and left it alone.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
The problem I am having with the profiles is that if I get my red and burgundy to print right most of the other colors are all static looking. But if I use or tweak a profile to where most of the colors look right then there is banding in the red and burgundy (or the red prints orange). Hundreds of test prints of testing different profiles and tweaking them this is consistently the problem.

As for the i1, it has been so long I can't even remember the issue. But I think I determined it wasn't reading the material. And after talking to tech support it sounded like it needed to be sent in...which was so damn expensive I just put it in the box and left it alone.

You can tweak your profile as many times as you want. You will never get a perfect print. Been there done that, just different printer.
I suggest you either get someone like Correct Color or himself to create you a profile for your printer OR
Buy a new i1p with software ect and create a new icc profile yourself. It probably wont be as good as a pro doing it, but it will be better than the canned stuff.

That's the only way you'll get nice colours with no issues.

IsItFasst

Well after several recommendations of 3165G profile I decided to play around with it. Looked pretty bad by default so that's why I originally skipped over it last week after a test print or two. But after doing some major tweaking I finally go it to look pretty good. At least better than what I've been using for years. Wish the greens were a little brighter and the grays didn't have so much "color" in them but I think it looks better than ever. At least no banding in the reds now and the the colors are accurate. Thanks for the input!

DunbarPG

The Oracal 3165G profile works well, but the only way I have been able to get good solid red out of our SP, is to set it to the Roland Color Library red. Import the Roland Color System library palette into your art program. PR-43K prints a beautiful red everytime.

IsItFasst

The Oracal 3165G profile works well, but the only way I have been able to get good solid red out of our SP, is to set it to the Roland Color Library red. Import the Roland Color System library palette into your art program. PR-43K prints a beautiful red everytime.
That's good to know. I got the red to print pretty nice by going to the pure hue setting (in PM) and checked the red to pure hue since it was printing more orange without it. Also checked the yellow for pure hue as all the yellows had random traces of color in them without that checked.