• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a Kala flatbed applicator?

bigben

their roll laminators always seem to get positive reviews.

oh! I've got two friends that have the roll laminators and it's a verry great machine. But I'm wondering for the flatbed that I never found a user yet.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have one. We use our Chinese mounting table for everything and the Kala for masking only. To be honest it is not very reliable for anything else.

bigben

So far, I'm between CWT and Kala. We don't have a laminator now and laminate maybe once a month. So I go to a friend shop. But I would like to use the table to laminate when needed.

My kala rep told me the lamination is not a problem. I even got a feedback from one of his customer that really like it. I like the feature it work on electricity versus air for the CWT. I've talked again with my CWT rep and he told me their table is not design for lamination. This is why they call it a mounting table and you don't see lamination in any of their video. The CWT seems to have a beefier construction than kala and I like that there is ''pocket'' on the side of the CWT and the legs are not right on the edge like kala.

Charlie J

Check out Colex's application table. I'm very pleased with mine. At the time I bought it, they were running a special where they included a Keencut Evo2 to go on the end of it.

bigben

Check out Colex's application table. I'm very pleased with mine. At the time I bought it, they were running a special where they included a Keencut Evo2 to go on the end of it.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think the colex is a rebrand of the CWT. Can you give me a feedback about laminating vinyl with it? What is the size of you table?

Charlie J

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think the colex is a rebrand of the CWT. Can you give me a feedback about laminating vinyl with it? What is the size of you table?

I don't believe it's a rebranded CWT. They are similar, but this one is manufactured in Hungary. The entire frame is welded together.

I have a 12ft table. We mostly use ours for masking & mounting. You can laminate with it, and it does a fine job for smaller jobs where you don't want to load up your roll laminator., A roll laminator is much more efficient if you have multiple pieces or for anything over 8-10ft.

bigben

I don't believe it's a rebranded CWT. They are similar, but this one is manufactured in Hungary. The entire frame is welded together.

I have a 12ft table. We mostly use ours for masking & mounting. You can laminate with it, and it does a fine job for smaller jobs where you don't want to load up your roll laminator., A roll laminator is much more efficient if you have multiple pieces or for anything over 8-10ft.

I will look into it. I will try to find a dealer here in Canada.

The lamination in the video is the perfect example of what I'm doing. With this, I would be done before loading and feeding a regular laminator.

FASTSIGNS

Yes we have a Applikator 3000. Staff loves loves loves it. Used for print mounting, can remove acrylic factory mask, application tape. We also have a Mistral for laminating.

bigben

Yes we have a Applikator 3000. Staff loves loves loves it. Used for print mounting, can remove acrylic factory mask, application tape. We also have a Mistral for laminating.

did you ever tried to laminate with the applikator? If yes, how it went?

MI Bearcat

I have the Kala table. It's definitely not as sturdy as the other tables as it comes in pieces and is put together on site. We have it up front so it had to go through normal doors that the one piece tables couldn't do. You can also add additional sections to make it longer at a later date if you wish. Another plus is your able to add boards underneath for shelving space although you will need to purchase the sheets yourself.

We only laminate small pieces on it as we have a roll laminator. We don't have any problems when we laminate except for the silvering which you will have for a day or so. You will get silvering on any of these mounting tables as they are not really made for laminating but you are able to use them for laminating.

bigben

I have the Kala table. It's definitely not as sturdy as the other tables as it comes in pieces and is put together on site. We have it up front so it had to go through normal doors that the one piece tables couldn't do. You can also add additional sections to make it longer at a later date if you wish. Another plus is your able to add boards underneath for shelving space although you will need to purchase the sheets yourself.

We only laminate small pieces on it as we have a roll laminator. We don't have any problems when we laminate except for the silvering which you will have for a day or so. You will get silvering on any of these mounting tables as they are not really made for laminating but you are able to use them for laminating.

Thanks. For the lamination part, we only laminate once a month and it's smaller than the lenght of the table. I think it does not justify to buy a roll-to-roll laminator just for that. I also like the kala have 3 pressure setting. If I remember right, the other ones don't have this feature.

Mind if I ask how much the 3000 runs? I think it would be very useful for us, but don't know if I can justify if it's $20k+.

bigben

Mind if I ask how much the 3000 runs? I think it would be very useful for us, but don't know if I can justify if it's $20k+.
For myself. I ended up buying a kala mistral 1650 and put two 10ft tables on each side. It's more versatile than just a table and almost as easy to install vinyl on a board.