• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have a part number and pics for...

appstro

Anyone have a part number and pics for replacing the linear bearings on the Roland SP-300? I cant see them but my print head assembly keeps making occasional grinding/scuffing noises and hanging up in spots on the carriage causing a "080" code. (I think thats the code, anyway)... I have tried cleaning the rail and applying 3 in 1 oil as well as light grease and have gotten away with it for months. I think the time has come to replace the bearings but I have no idea where they are or what they look like. I have the service manual that I downloaded from this forum but there is nothing I can see about the linear bearings or their replacement. Thanks in advance for your help, you guys always come through for me so I am hoping :):thankyou:

rjssigns

It is called a linear bearing. They get installed from either end of the track. Quite simple once you get down to it. No I haven't done it on a printer, but my former life as an industrial assembler/mechanic gave me a good education. It will take you longer to "dig" down to it than install. But that is always the case as things are done for ease of assembly not ease of maintenance.

Robert M

Sp 300

I have the tech manual if you need it
Send me your email and remind what manual you need as I have all of them.