• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have an iPad 2 for sale?

GypsyGraphics

ugh... i can't believe i didn't think to check the Apple Store!
that seems like a scream'n deal... thanks so much for the tip FatCat!

i was thinking the only way i'd do a used online purchase was from someone i knew, which is why i thought to ask here... or craiglist, so i could see it before buying. but so far every reply i've gotten has been a scam.

i'm really liking the idea of getting it directly from apple :clapping:

one of the things we're doing with this is using it for our DirecTv remote.... we hate the darn thing. we've been think about using an iPad in conjunction with our tv for quite a while, just couldn't pull the trigger on spending the money. but recently found a few other needs it would meet to justify it.

the fact that i've become addicted to DrawSomething has nothing to do with it whatsoever, that would just be silly.... wouldn't it Tim.

iSign

If y'all saw what her drawings look like without the extra real estate on an iPad, you wouldn't let any faint silver pseudo disappearing on-line ink fool you... and you'd agree there's nothing silly about her investing in new and improved drawing tools!

Especially when you find out what impressive and exceptional images she had in her head when clawing a d scratching out those modern cave paintings on a little iPhone :)

GypsyGraphics

you've GOT to be kidding... most of them look like they were done by a 5 year old, with big fat crayons.... who missed her nap! every now and then i draw something (hehe) and think oh look what what happen there... you can almost tell what that is. but i'd guess the more typical response to watching me draw is more like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV7Qz640OeM

GypsyGraphics

The iPad 2 is $399 new at the apple store.. Pay a little more and get a brand new one ;)

i was going to reply... "it's not a little more, it's 25% more"
but now.... i'm thinking, i'm thinking! i'd hate to have it show up and find it's got scratches or a ding or something... that would bug me!

but i'm cheap, so i dunno

iSign

you've GOT to be kidding... most of them look like they were done by a 5 year old, with big fat crayons....

gg, with all due respect... The "impressive" comment was directed at the alleged images in your head, described to me in response to my usual WTF reaction in chat... Those nice, detailed and legible mental pictures before hacking out your version :OMG:

GypsyGraphics

gg, with all due respect... The "impressive" comment was directed at the alleged images in your head, described to me in response to my usual WTF reaction in chat... Those nice, detailed and legible mental pictures before hacking out your version :OMG:

ooooh I get it, you were being mean.... i guess i imagine people nicer in my head too. :tongue:

GypsyGraphics

decided to take your advice Sooner... made it to the apple store 10 minutes before they closed!

think I'll go draw something.... not better, just bigger.... yippy!!!

:clapping:

FatCat

decided to take your advice Sooner... made it to the apple store 10 minutes before they closed!

think I'll go draw something.... not better, just bigger.... yippy!!!

:clapping:

Hmm, wish I had seen this sooner. You have to understand Apple's mentality with their products. Just because it's refurbished doesn't mean you'll ever get a product with scratches, etc. Like I said there is absolutely no difference in buying a refurbed Apple vs. a new Apple other than the refurb ships in a plain brown box instead of the nice printed one used for retail -AND- it's usually quite a bit cheaper. If there was a product returned and Apple had to fix it, they would rather put on a new case for the computer/ipod/ipad than have something going out with a scratch or cosmetic damage.

FWIW - I always buy my computers and Apple gear through their refurbished store. I think I've purchased around 5 computers, several ipods and 1 ipad - all looked brand spanking new, and carried the full 1 year warranty as a "new" Apple.

Just something to keep in mind. :thumb:

J

john1

Hmm, wish I had seen this sooner. You have to understand Apple's mentality with their products. Just because it's refurbished doesn't mean you'll ever get a product with scratches, etc. Like I said there is absolutely no difference in buying a refurbed Apple vs. a new Apple other than the refurb ships in a plain brown box instead of the nice printed one used for retail -AND- it's usually quite a bit cheaper. If there was a product returned and Apple had to fix it, they would rather put on a new case for the computer/ipod/ipad than have something going out with a scratch or cosmetic damage.

FWIW - I always buy my computers and Apple gear through their refurbished store. I think I've purchased around 5 computers, several ipods and 1 ipad - all looked brand spanking new, and carried the full 1 year warranty as a "new" Apple.

Just something to keep in mind. :thumb:

x2

I bought a iMac a few years ago (don't have it anymore now) and it was refurbed and came scratch free and works just as good as a retail one.

They replace the glass faces and everything on all refurb products if there are any scuffs. It's the exact thing as new. Sometimes you will end up with a better machine than what is listed on the site if someone upgraded theirs during ordering before they returned it.

omgsideburns

I always buy refurbs from Apple and haven't had a problem. My devices always look good as new. The only quirk was on an old Macbook Pro (before the unibody) where a seam wasn't lined up perfect but honestly.. that's nitpicking.

GypsyGraphics

started this thread at 11am on memorial day and waited 7 whole hours... hmmm... i guess i could have waited a wee bit longer.... maybe at least till the first business day.

:Oops:

downloaded my first app the minuted i got home... Draw Something! (get ready barry)

and today after talking to Rick... i check out Adobe Ideas... and ....OMG does this app look awesome! i'm going to have to search and see if anyone's already posted about it.... if not i will after i play with it a bit.

showcase 66

Adobe Nav is pretty cool. If your comp has bluetooth, you can sync it with photoshop and have all your main commands ready to go. If you use a tablet. Then I dont think it is worth it. Of course, I usually dont use it anyway, but it is pretty cool though. You need CS5 with the update. Not sure if CS6 works with it. I am assuming it does.

FatCat

started this thread at 11am on memorial day and waited 7 whole hours... hmmm... i guess i could have waited a wee bit longer.... maybe at least till the first business day.

:Oops:

Not a problem, hey we've all been there and excited to get a new tool/toy/tech gizmo. Just thought I'd clarify so that anyone else looking at this thread would understand. Something else to keep in mind is that the stock of refurbished units changes daily. So there won't always be the exact model you're looking for - especially if it is in demand. I had to wait/keep checking about 2 weeks to get my macbook pro with the hi-res screen with anti-glare finish vs. the standard glossy screen. (I don't like glossy screens.) :Big Laugh

Anyway, congrats on the new iPad and have fun! :clapping: