• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone have any success with latex printable fabric?

Tldr

Ive tried a few different "latex printable" fabrics from Fisher. They suggested a "universal knit" profile for our 360. The ink rubs off of everything. Its cured but still wont stay on. Any suggestions?

bannertime

We print on UltraFlex UltraPoplin s240 and like it. Have not had anything rub off easily. If you take a paper towel and really rub at it, you might see a little, but nothing visible on the print itself.

flyplainsdrifta

Ive tried a few different "latex printable" fabrics from Fisher. They suggested a "universal knit" profile for our 360. The ink rubs off of everything. Its cured but still wont stay on. Any suggestions?

i too have the same issues with all fabric printed latex. especially on our backlit materials. the ink rubs too easily during sewing and prep work.

Tldr

We print on UltraFlex UltraPoplin s240 and like it. Have not had anything rub off easily. If you take a paper towel and really rub at it, you might see a little, but nothing visible on the print itself.
Mind sharing what profile you use?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
TVF has been working closely with HP to develop latex compatible fabrics for a while now. You may try reaching out to Heather Moll - I think she covers your area in MI. Good Luck
upload_2019-8-7_14-51-29.png

bannertime

TVF has been working closely with HP to develop latex compatible fabrics for a while now. You may try reaching out to Heather Moll - I think she covers your area in MI. Good Luck

Saw someone else mention them before but also that they didn't bother with smaller orders?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

If anyone is familiar with the Berger Textiles line, that was developed by myself and I have a whole line of fabrics by Senfa the actual MFG behind the big brand name guys. These are made for Latex, UV, and Solvent. If you need backlit, double-sided blockout, and frontlit then I can help you 100%. Fisher doesn't make anything and neither does TVF, you are just paying their markup that they use to spend on advertising. If you want the best available give me a call.

Tldr

If anyone is familiar with the Berger Textiles line, that was developed by myself and I have a whole line of fabrics by Senfa the actual MFG behind the big brand name guys. These are made for Latex, UV, and Solvent. If you need backlit, double-sided blockout, and frontlit then I can help you 100%. Fisher doesn't make anything and neither does TVF, you are just paying their markup that they use to spend on advertising. If you want the best available give me a call.
Would it be possible for you to send a few samples my way? Anything thats latex printable. Poplin, heavy knit, dacron...

JPR-5690

I've actually been having the same problem and I'm new enough to latex that Im not sure if it's because its hasn't fully cured or if the ink just doesn't adhere well.

It's super annoying because we have to be really careful handling it post-printing because the image can get marred almost like how paper can get tiny wrinkles and dents.

On the HP Media Locator site, there are a total of 46 textile media products listed as Durable Textiles for 300 and 500 Series Latex printers. This means that they tested at least 4 on a scale of 5 for dry rub abrasion testing using ISO 105-X12.

https://www.printos.com/ml/#/medialocator

Navigate to Latex > Funnel Icon > filter Type: Durable Textiles

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

PrintQueen

I've been on the hunt for a good latex-compatible fabric as well. We've been using HP Light Fabric and had some luck with it. We're looking for a good fabric that we can print table throws on.. the HP Light Fabric has good scratch resistance, but not as good as we need for table throws. Just wanted to give that recommendation for you -- we use the HP fabric mainly for fabric posters, not a lot of full color saturation.

Most Durable Textiles contain a latex ink treatment that improves the ink bond and dramatically reduces the scratchability of the ink from the fabric in finishing and use. There are both frontlit and backlit fabrics available, in polyesters and natural fibers like cottons and linens - see post 17 above to search for medias designated as Durable Textiles. Media Preset for all of these are available on the Media Locator.