• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone here have Signlab?

ToddM.

I currently use Signlab 5.0 and am most likely about to upgrade to 8.0...Does anyone here use Signlab 8.0? If so, how do you like it? I'd really appreciate your thoughts...Thanks a lot!

Todd

Border

I have 6.1 and love it for basic desic design work, node editing andespecially vinyl cutting... Haven't seen the need to to upgrade until/unless I want a better version for digital printing. The current rip with my version sucks for sure! I prefer Flexi's print rip. But I've heard signlab has improved their rip..... hopefully some of it due to the endless hours I spent bitching at them on the phone when version e6 first came out!

Team Oakley

Signlab

I have Signlab 7.1 build 10. Started with 4.95 and have bought all the upgrades. Now I am not sure about going to 8. I do more printing now than cutting vinyl. We just upgraded to the VP 540 and loving it. Mostly use photoshop for designs and then import to Signlab to make the contor cut. Then export to Versa Works for RIP.
Signlab is wonderful for fast designs for vinyl. :Cool 2:

signage

I have * and would say go with it! The extra plug-ins that come with it are great along with the VPM.

chopper

I have Signlab 7.1 build 10. Started with 4.95 and have bought all the upgrades. Now I am not sure about going to 8. I do more printing now than cutting vinyl. We just upgraded to the VP 540 and loving it. Mostly use photoshop for designs and then import to Signlab to make the contor cut. Then export to Versa Works for RIP.
Signlab is wonderful for fast designs for vinyl. :Cool 2:
I use to do my printing from versa works, but I have started to use signlab for the rip and it is much better than versa works, I have looked at the version 8 but haven't bought it yet //chopper

WRAPS

did any of you that used other rips then switched to signlab.did you notice a big difference in print quality?colors?
i ask because we use colorchoice and flexi,i got this signlab demo,what the heck i tried it and my prints looked so much better! was it just me?

slipperyfrog

We got a pretty good upgrade price of $499 from our corporate office to go from any version under 7.0 up to 8.0. Had to grab it.

I love the upgrade from version e6 to 8. Multi windows and a scroll wheel mouse zoom save me all kinds of time. I know 7.1 added open type font compatibility but we are loving 8 with the same addition as it is new to us.

Anyone have longer load times with version 8 however?

Carl Crabtree

I've been using SignLab since Ver. 1.1 On 7.1 now and getting ready to up it to 8. We use the rip for 2 Mutoh printers. I'm looking foward to ver 8's new bitmap editing tools, Maybe wo'nt need CorelDraw as much.

3dsignco

I love the upgrade from version e6 to 8. Multi windows and a scroll wheel mouse zoom save me all kinds of time. I know 7.1 added open type font compatibility but we are loving 8 with the same addition as it is new to us.

Wait, You mean we can finally have more then one job open at a time. That will be worth the $499 price alone.

d fleming

I'm running 8 on two systems and it's very nice but I have no idea how to open two jobs at once. That would be awesome, it's the one big thing I've never liked about the program.

slipperyfrog

I'm running 8 on two systems and it's very nice but I have no idea how to open two jobs at once. That would be awesome, it's the one big thing I've never liked about the program.

On your top menu bar goto/check the following:

Options/Multiple Instance

signage

Multi "Instance

Here is a screen shot for multi instance: This has been available since version 7 only thing I'm not sure of is if it was available on release 1 or added at sometime with updates!

Attachments

• multiinstance.jpg
    multiinstance.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 127