• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone here make some of those government shut down signs??

John Butto

The government has their own signshop. If they went to the private sector it would be like this... "we need a deposit", 5 days of putting paperwork through for a deposit check, so as it stands as of today, no signs yet.
But looking yesterday, they had those exterior signs on the fences, and the ones with double stick tape for the inside of the glass, it has to be like in the army where they had signguys painting the large food cans white filled almost to the top with sand and you would letter "BUTTS" in red on both sides.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They're using the same signs from the last 18 shut downs.

This is nothing new about shut downs taking place from 3 to 5 days and as long as 18 to 21 days, since 1976, with the longest one in 1995.

Mosh

I made "closed until further notice" for the Lewis and Clarke center here in town. The park service runs the museum part, the rest is still open. They got about $50 worth of stuff, they always send a check, takes 4-6 weeks to get paid. They ordered it Monday afternoon.

JgS

I made some. But get this. There is no one working that can pick them up and no building open to deliver them to.

SolitaryT

We haven't made any, but I would love to have that conversation with the poor schmuck ordering them. "Yes, you want how many?" "Yes, since there's a government shut down, all orders must be paid with gold." "No, we cannot accept a P.O." "Yes, I said gold." "I can't accept cash as it's backed by an agency that's no longer in service, nor can I accept a credit card or a check from an agency who is no longer in service."