Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone here make some of those government shut down signs??

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Locals Find!, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    If you did, when did they place the order? Just curious.

Tags:
  2. signguy50

signguy50 New Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Iowa
    And what did that cost us taxpayers?

3. John Butto

John Butto verboden

Jan 9, 2007
    The government has their own signshop. If they went to the private sector it would be like this... "we need a deposit", 5 days of putting paperwork through for a deposit check, so as it stands as of today, no signs yet.
    But looking yesterday, they had those exterior signs on the fences, and the ones with double stick tape for the inside of the glass, it has to be like in the army where they had signguys painting the large food cans white filled almost to the top with sand and you would letter "BUTTS" in red on both sides.

4. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    They're using the same signs from the last 18 shut downs.

This is nothing new about shut downs taking place from 3 to 5 days and as long as 18 to 21 days, since 1976, with the longest one in 1995.

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I made "closed until further notice" for the Lewis and Clarke center here in town. The park service runs the museum part, the rest is still open. They got about $50 worth of stuff, they always send a check, takes 4-6 weeks to get paid. They ordered it Monday afternoon.

6. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

if the govt is shut down.......GOVT SIGN SHOPS AINT MAKING SIGNS)))))

7. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    good one OP lol

8. Coloradosigns

Coloradosigns Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Wait, you mean the government has been opened for the past 20 years?

9. JgS

JgS Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Houston
    I made some. But get this. There is no one working that can pick them up and no building open to deliver them to.

10. SolitaryT

SolitaryT Member

Apr 29, 2010
    We haven't made any, but I would love to have that conversation with the poor schmuck ordering them. "Yes, you want how many?" "Yes, since there's a government shut down, all orders must be paid with gold." "No, we cannot accept a P.O." "Yes, I said gold." "I can't accept cash as it's backed by an agency that's no longer in service, nor can I accept a credit card or a check from an agency who is no longer in service."

11. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    And nobody around to write you a check for them either.