• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone know anything about Dell Dimension computers?

Kottwitz-Graphics

I just went out and attempted to start my Dell Dimension desktop computer, and it won't boot. I am getting a flashing 3 & 4 light on the front panel, and the power button is lit a constant green (not blinking, not amber, etc.).

I have been googling the issue, and came up with the dell "help" site, but I don't see any definitive answers. the site just tries to run a diagnostic, but if the computer won't boot, how do you run an online diagnostic?

On a side note, we just got a cold snap, and the temp in my office dropped to the high 30's, maybe high 40's.

Hope I didn't fry this thing, considering I can't swing a new computer...

Any help is appreciated.

knucklehead

Either power supply, or mother board. Both are pretty cheap, just did mine about a year ago. Need to replace both together.

knucklehead

According to my boy, when mine went out, you go ahead and replace both at the same time. Says if the power supply is bad, and you put a new motherboard in, then you will have to replace another motherboard, and then the power supply. You can get both for around fifty bucks+-. Redo both, and carry on.

There is a code for the lights, and number of flashes. Somewhere?

Never mind, I guess you got it. WooHoo!