• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone know this will work?? sign cabinet LED

Techman

I use LED modules to light the underside of the x axis on the cnc table. The lights shine down onto the work making it so easy to see what is going on. It was way cheaper and easier than any other method of illuminating the machine with bright light. The LED's are very bright and much brighter than regular shop lighting.. The LED's are left on 24 7 . This is a test of life deal. They have been on for almost a year with no noticeable decrease of output.

I used LED's for a smaller box display and they work perfectly well. Very inexpensive and with low voltage it was a success.

I would say this system posted above would work very well. However the price is way high. LED lights can be obtained for about a dollar per module in footage.

LED's can be obtained wired in lengths of many feet on a reel. Some systems are two modules per foot some are three per foot. Each module can have two lights or three lights. The combinations are endless. The power supply is around $25 bux.

I use a 4 dollar wall wort to supply 12 vdc to LED modules for inside usage. You have to calculate the number of modules and the total milliamps used and then get a power supply capable of carrying that load. In some cases there are a couple of other factors to consider such as forward voltage.