• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone know what causes these marks in adhesive vinyl when printing?

MangoPRI

It looks like both a burn and a scuff but i've reprinted it a few times and it's moving around.

Thanks
marks.JPG

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Those are head strikes. Turn the heat down and the vacuum up. You may need to put the head in high head height mode.

MangoPRI

Those are head strikes. Turn the heat down and the vacuum up. You may need to put the head in high head height mode.
Thanks, I've currently got temp to 40,40, 45. Is it where it is making the paper wave up and down a little and then that is clashing with the paper? Quite new to all this obviously :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You got it. I normally have my settings around 33, 35, 50 but it is going to be a little different for most people depending on the environment and what type of media you are running. 50 on the post heater helps ink curing and shouldn't affect the media.

MangoPRI

You got it. I normally have my settings around 33, 35, 50 but it is going to be a little different for most people depending on the environment and what type of media you are running. 50 on the post heater helps ink curing and shouldn't affect the media.

Thank you very much for your help.