• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know where i can finance for a roland or mutoh printer?

0igo

hi i have been looking to finance for a printer either new or used and i cant seem to find anyone that does this. Everywhere i look people offer leases but i am trying to own the printer in the end. If you know distributor that does this or know where i can buy a used good working printer please let me know. Thanks guys and have a good day :).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Talk to your customers and ask them to finance your purchase through buying in advance. Be creative.

0igo

Talk to your customers and ask them to finance your purchase through buying in advance. Be creative.

im not talking about my customers i am talking about myself. i want to buy a printer. currently all i do is hand painted signs and decals.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Where ARE you? Knowing which country you are in might help a lot; this is a worldwide forum.
The more specific the better, no need to leave out details when asking for help. :Welcome:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I was talking about you approaching your customers and getting them to invest in you. If you're buying a printer for sh!ts & giggles, don't do it. Wait til you have enough prints being subbed out and then talk to your biggest buyers of that stuff and tell them you'll give them a discount if they invest in you.

Our first printer, we approached 3 of our biggest customers and asked them for an 'advance'. They all agreed and we actually had more than enough money to get the printer, a super duper computer and software to boot and still had a little left over, so I got a really neat digital camera. Since then, we've used this approach. A few years ago, we did it with a $168,000 printer. Nothing out-of-pocket, bought the printer cash and made money on it instantly and still turned a healthy profit. Like I said, ya hafta be creative.

If you just wanna buy one for the sake of having one, that's a gross mistake.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
hi i have been looking to finance for a printer either new or used and i cant seem to find anyone that does this. Everywhere i look people offer leases but i am trying to own the printer in the end. If you know distributor that does this or know where i can buy a used good working printer please let me know. Thanks guys and have a good day :).

Pretty much every piece of equipment we've acquired over the last 32 years has been with a lease/purchase agreement with a $1 buyout at the end.

0igo

Where ARE you? Knowing which country you are in might help a lot; this is a worldwide forum.
The more specific the better, no need to leave out details when asking for help. :Welcome:

sorry haha, i am in Tracy California United states.. i live in northern california

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
thanks, would you say that lease with buy out will cost more than just buying it with payments?

It usually does but the upfront costs are lower than a bank loan. It is also wise, for tax reporting purposes, to get a stipulation from the leasing company on a $1 buyout that you will have the right to depreciate the equipment instead of them.

threeputt

If you haven't already done so, and you do intend to get into a business that requires expensive equipment, establish a relationship with a bank or credit union.

If you are granted a loan, or accepted by a leasing company for equipment, do your absolute level best to meet the payment schedule. Full amount, on time, every time.

Sorry if this sounds like fatherly advice, no disrespect intended.

This simple axiom will pay dividends like you wouldn't believe. One day you'll want to get a line of credit. (nearly every business has one)
One day you may need to show a lender you're steady and reliable.

Just two cents from a guy with a million years in this game.

Good luck and prosper! (work hard, but work smart)