• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone know why Cut-Server won't load?

TheSnowman

I've never seen any two programs as unstable as Cut Server and Postershop. I fianlly got PosterShop so that it wasn't crashing everyday, and now, I click on Cut-Server, and it just looks at me. When I do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, and bring up the task manager, it's running, somewhere...but it's not showing itself on the screen. Any ideas on how to bring this thing up where I can see it again!?

I had a virus a couple weeks ago, and supposably the computer shop got that cleared up, so I installed Ad-Aware today, because I had a couple pop ups, and man...this thing just hasn't done CRAP right since. I've now decided that anti-spyware and virus software do as much harm as the actual viruses anymore. I never have luck once one gets in.

Attachments

• CutServer.jpg
    CutServer.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 241

HaroldDesign

I use the Cut_Server in Onyx, but not Postershop. I've had similar things happen, but usually it's Front-End Layout that chokes. I force quite, and then restart the entire program and everything is fine again.

TheSnowman

Oh my gosh, I wish. I've restarted like 5 times, and gotten NO WHERE! I hate Windows SO MUCH! All I wanna do is cut a few circles...

I was gonna uninstall the software, and re-install it, but of course, I can't find ANY software to this computer for some reason!

HaroldDesign

Oh my gosh, I wish. I've restarted like 5 times, and gotten NO WHERE! I hate Windows SO MUCH! All I wanna do is cut a few circles...

I was gonna uninstall the software, and re-install it, but of course, I can't find ANY software to this computer for some reason!
Now that sucks. Have you defragmented, and then re-started the computer running disc check to fix bad sectors (the disc check to run on a restart)?

Bly

I think it needs Java to run.
Find a fresh Java install and see if that makes any difference.

TheSnowman

I found cut server 2.0 and that was already on my machine...there's a reason I quit using it though, and I'm afraid I'm going to find out why...haven't done a disk defrag, does that really do anything? I figured that's what what the tech's always told ya to get you off their backs.

HaroldDesign

I found cut server 2.0 and that was already on my machine...there's a reason I quit using it though, and I'm afraid I'm going to find out why...haven't done a disk defrag, does that really do anything? I figured that's what what the tech's always told ya to get you off their backs.
Probably isn't the cause of the problem, but you'd be surprised how it can help your computer function properly! Programs> Accessories > System Tools > Disc Defragmenter.

TheSnowman

Ran the defrag, no difference. However, on the up side...I FOUND ALL MY SOFTWARE! I was layin in bed last night, and I pictured the box it was in, I just didn't know where in the world it was. I looked upstairs today...and sure enough, it WASN'T THERE! So I thought harder and harder, and knew I'd looked everywhere...but in the showroom. I walked out there, and under the counter, was a box full of software...I'm happy!

Dtron10

Graphic Design/Production
10 years later...….I'm having this same issue of not being able to open the cut server. I just searched for an option and this thread came up. I click the cut server button. The first title page pops up and just stares at me saying "Loading" with nothing happening. Are there any known ways of getting the cut server to run properly again without uninstalling and reinstalling. It worked just fine the other day then out of no where it wasn't able to "Load" and completely open up. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

TheSnowman

Wow, a blast from the past. I'm sure I conquered it, but I wish I could tell you how I did it. I've had a couple computers and upgrades since then, so I'd totally forgot about this. My guess it that I either formatted the computer and started over (which I seemed to have to do non stop back in the day to get hiccups to finally work) or I did a software upgrade of some kind. Are you using 10 year old software, or something current?

Unfortunately I basically switched to Mac after this other than for rip software, so I can't navigate my way around around the ins and outs of a PC much anymore.