• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone plug in a PCI VGA card into HP Designjet mainboard and see it BOOTUP on a monitor?

tinkerprinter

Well I was wondering if anyone here ever had the curiosity or better yet gave-in to the curiosity to plug in a PCI VGA graphics card into one of the PCI slots on the HP Designjet Jesulin+LF mainboardPCA/formatter ie "motherboard"? The idea is that you could see the "initial" BIOS and other boot-up procedures on a monitor if you were able to plugin a Video card and connect a monitor. I haven't tried it, "yet", but before I mustered up the courage to try it I wanted to see if anyone else beat me to it and lived, or better if the plotter lived :D :)

Fyi, I did try to connect to the SERIAL port that the Control Panel connects to, but perhaps I had some of the parity bit/stop bit or connection speed wrong because I didn't get anything on there. Apparently the L25500 SERVICE Manual admits that it runs MontaVista LINUX and perhaps other HP Designjets run the same MontaVista LINUX open source operating system also. And if so that begs the question, where's the CODE?