Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone printed on brushed aluminium SAV?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jimmmi, Oct 11, 2019.

1. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Hello, has anyone printed latex on brushed aluminium SAV like 3M 1080 BR120 with good results? I want to have this effect to the printed colors

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Tags:
  2. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Yes. You loose most of the brushed look.... But the colors become metallic. It's still a nice effect. I ended up printing on clear and laminating over the film and it looked the same.. I did it this way because my latex flaked off after 24 hours. I admitadely didn't setup a new media or play with it... And I've been told others got it to adhere properly, so you may be able to skip that step if you have a latex printer.

If you have a solvent your best bet may be printing on lam and lamming ontop though.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jimmmi

jimmmi Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Athens Greece
    And if needed extra lamination to protect ink you over laminate one more time? Get three media all together?

4. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Yup. You could do that. It'll be a little thick... But that's not really an issue.

• Like Like x 1