• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone printed on brushed aluminium SAV?

jimmmi

Hello, has anyone printed latex on brushed aluminium SAV like 3M 1080 BR120 with good results? I want to have this effect to the printed colors

Attachments

• IMG_20191012_030306.jpg
    IMG_20191012_030306.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

ikarasu

Hello, has anyone printed latex on brushed aluminium SAV like 3M 1080 BR120 with good results? I want to have this effect to the printed colors
Yes. You loose most of the brushed look.... But the colors become metallic. It's still a nice effect. I ended up printing on clear and laminating over the film and it looked the same.. I did it this way because my latex flaked off after 24 hours. I admitadely didn't setup a new media or play with it... And I've been told others got it to adhere properly, so you may be able to skip that step if you have a latex printer.

If you have a solvent your best bet may be printing on lam and lamming ontop though.

Attachments

• 5FF68EE8-DE8C-48F0-8A58-9E55340B7BDA.jpeg
    5FF68EE8-DE8C-48F0-8A58-9E55340B7BDA.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 264

jimmmi

Yes. You loose most of the brushed look.... But the colors become metallic. It's still a nice effect. I ended up printing on clear and laminating over the film and it looked the same.. I did it this way because my latex flaked off after 24 hours. I admitadely didn't setup a new media or play with it... And I've been told others got it to adhere properly, so you may be able to skip that step if you have a latex printer.

And if needed lamination you laminate all this two together and get three media? I mean the already printed lamination over the brushed aluminium and a lamination for protection?

If you have a solvent your best bet may be printing on lam and lamming ontop though.

And if needed extra lamination to protect ink you over laminate one more time? Get three media all together?