• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use Onyx RIP software to run their Roland Printer?

rbaumer

Does anyone use onyx to run their roland? We have the latest version of onyx (12) and a roland xf640 and are having some trouble finding any media profiles. we typically print on 3M, for which there appear to be no profiles for any of their media for roland printers. Im wondering if someone out there has created any profiles or knows where i can find some that work? i have created a very generic media profile, which sorta works, but pantone colors are way off. while we have versaworks, we are not big fans of it, plus it would be nice to run both our roland and hp through the same rip software...
any advise would be greatly appreciated
thanks
rhett

Bly

We ran Rolands with Onyx for years.
If your version supports profile creation the best thing you can do is buy a spectro and make your own profiles.

greysquirrel

Check Roland's website for profiles..they have gotten much better with third part rip profiles...if not...versaworks came with your printer and is free...

Wayne Gilbert

Get a spectometer

Does anyone use onyx to run their roland? We have the latest version of onyx (12) and a roland xf640 and are having some trouble finding any media profiles. we typically print on 3M, for which there appear to be no profiles for any of their media for roland printers. Im wondering if someone out there has created any profiles or knows where i can find some that work? i have created a very generic media profile, which sorta works, but pantone colors are way off. while we have versaworks, we are not big fans of it, plus it would be nice to run both our roland and hp through the same rip software...
any advise would be greatly appreciated
thanks
rhett

Onyx is far superior to VersaWorks. Once you dial it in, you will notice a big improvement in the "resolution" and smoothing of pixels in bitmaps. You need to do a general calibration/linearization with a spectrometer, then your Pantones will be closer. To dial in your Pantones after that, use the spot strip feature (Onyx 12 and above) to adjust your LAB values.

methogod

Just got the XF need some starting points for media... banner, vinyl, paper, gloss etc... any help appreciated.