• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone use RIP software other than Versawerks?

walters signs

Anyone with a Roland get better output from their machine by getting other Rip Software like Wasatch?

• My machine keeps occasionally printing a string of black lines when reripping certain files (looks like barcodes), the issues seem to come from a "bad rip", maybe getting new rip software would help, versawerks can't be the best thing out there.

tomence

IMO VersaWorks is the best RIP for the printer it is made for. Switching to different RIPS will only cost you money. Are you sure there is nothing wrong with your printer.

Mainframe

It runs in my mind the problem you mention is caused by a bad main board or cable on your machine, I would have the machine checked first.

msrobere

Just had this problem with my friends vp-540. It was a hit and miss with the lines in the print and it didn't matter what profile or ripping. I thought is was the rip so I installed my copy of flexi to give it a shot and same thing would happen. Seem to happen more if the ink coverage was alot. His printer was under warranty at least. Ended up being the main board after they replaced the black head, dampers, cables, encoder strip.

kffernandez

flexi works great with my SC-540. but yes, like what the others said - it sounds like a data problem to me. happened to me before. i fixed it by just cleaning my cables and reseated them properly. problem went away.

kelly