• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Use Vinyl On Your (physical) Desktop For Organization?

mjkjr

Hi Guys,

I was thinking about wrapping the top of my office desk as the original surface is old and getting a bit ratty.

At first, I was thinking I might use some of the wooden looking architectural film to give it a classy type of look, but now I started wondering if I could use vinyl to layout rectangles or something to "allocate" space for usual things. Like over on one side I usually have a "to-do soon" pile of papers, etc.

What are your thoughts on this? Any other suggestions? Or is it too much and should I do my original idea?

What's on your desktop? If you've wrapped it, post pics!

mjkjr

RJPW, awesome! I like how colorful that desktop is! I didn't even consider the super-thick laminate, I have some extra 12 mil GF-concept "armor" lam that I might use on this project!

mjkjr

I finally had some time to do this project, and it came out pretty neat! I had _just_ enough 12mil laminate left on the scrape roll I had kicking around (actually ran out about 6 inches short in one of the corners that ended up under the computer monitors :)

I had already had the brick side and brick banner face on there and this completely transformed the plain looking top of my desk! Unfortunately, I didn't think to take any before pics though.

Chasez

Looks Awesome! Wish I had some time to go something like that! Looks like it could be a big selling feature too... not that I think anyone would want to spend the time wrapping desks all the time! haha

Chaz

ExecuPrintGS

I don't have any photos but my desk is wrapped in a printed carbon fiber, and our front counter is a wood grain. The front needs to be re-done because its been beat up by customers and our UPS driver. Next time i would use a thicker laminate for sure.

I think desk/ counter wraps are amazing selling points.

bigben

I just print on cheap vinyl without lamination. It normally take around 4 to 6 month before scratches and other things show up. Then, I just pull it off and create a different design.

Dr. Decal

Terminator Desk.jpg
Alien Desk.jpg