• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone using a NITE bulk ink system with Mutoh ValueJet printers?

FatCat

Ordered a NITE bulk ink system for my Mutoh 1604 with the ink cartridges that have the ZIF sockets in the back to accept Mutoh ink cards. (I use a similar setup on my 1204 except they are the cheaper, generic bulk cartridges.)

After initial installation I powered up the 1604 and the K cartridge was read correctly, however CMY all read "Not Original". After a few attempts to wiggle the cards/cartridges now even the K has gone to "Not Original".

I've even gone so far to cut off OEM cards from OEM Mutoh cartridges and put them in the bulk carts and it still reads "Not Original". I am thinking there must be some kind of issue with the carts themselves, or more specifically the hardware used for the ZIF chip. :frustrated:

Anyway, just wanted to post this here to see if anyone else might chime in with some advice or hopefully uses a system like this.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Sean, since you were kind enough to inquire about a CISS for your 1604, but I failed to respond in a timely fashion (I am sorry); please contact Stanley at "Nite" <postmaster@nite.co.kr> He is very responsive, save the 13 hour time difference. He will get it working for you. Again, I apologize for not doing a better job of following up with you.

FatCat

Sean, since you were kind enough to inquire about a CISS for your 1604, but I failed to respond in a timely fashion (I am sorry); please contact Stanley at "Nite" <postmaster@nite.co.kr> He is very responsive, save the 13 hour time difference. He will get it working for you. Again, I apologize for not doing a better job of following up with you.

It's OK and I appreciate your reply. I emailed NITE last Saturday and got a reply last night from Stanley. I hope he'll be able to come up with some kind of solution as I got Gary at Circleville Signs to buy a system also and he is having the exact same issues as well.

CS-SignSupply-TT

NITE customer service

It's OK and I appreciate your reply. I emailed NITE last Saturday and got a reply last night from Stanley. I hope he'll be able to come up with some kind of solution as I got Gary at Circleville Signs to buy a system also and he is having the exact same issues as well.

I am confident Stanley will have the right solution for you. I am sorry for your troubles. I look forward to learning the solution. :thankyou:

FatCat

Just an update;

It appears the NITE cartridges have the ZIF chip slot and ribbon just slightly off of where it should be. (Anybody with a Mutoh VJ knows how picky they are about placement of those ink chips.) I've got one cartridge that works most of the time, and you can clearly see the other 3 are set too low. NITE is sending blank cartridges to my rep. and the ZIF cartridges/ribbons separately so that we can install them where they should be. Just a "heads-up" to anyone else looking into this type of system for a Mutoh.

Will post back with the final results when the new carts get here next week.