• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review Anyone Using Arlon SLX

dmfahie

Saw and tried Arlon SLX at ISA, seemed there to be spectacular... very easy to work with and forgiving. Any inout would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have heard that it is very nice but a little too weak of an adhesive, I have come out with a slightly higher tack but with excellent slide ability, the response from SLX users has been 100% positive. Want a small piece to see what you think of the adhesive? There are only maybe 4 TRUE CAST VINYL MFG's out there and this is one of them.

LarryB

I talked with an installer who used it. He said it is tough wrapping bumpers because while you are laying down the vinyl and getting over a curve the opposite side comes off. It's a 2 handed operation.

For flat surfaces it would be great. I can't see using it for vehicles especially wrapping bumpers.

wleong

I have heard that it is very nice but a little too weak of an adhesive, I have come out with a slightly higher tack but with excellent slide ability, the response from SLX users has been 100% positive. Want a small piece to see what you think of the adhesive? There are only maybe 4 TRUE CAST VINYL MFG's out there and this is one of them.

I would be interested in your cast vinyl. Would you send me more info on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I would be interested in your cast vinyl. Would you send me more info on it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes no problem, I would love to send you a piece, the adhesive is what sells this material. Try a piece on a bumper or complex curve and try the slide ability.

Split76

We tried with one roll. Slideability is great, but the adhesive is quite weak. I'm not saying it's bad but we are sticking with 3M envision. It's much more expensive but still.

dmfahie

We tried with one roll. Slideability is great, but the adhesive is quite weak. I'm not saying it's bad but we are sticking with 3M envision. It's much more expensive but still.
Do you heat set the Arlon or just squeegee? I have only tried a small application at ISA.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

Yes, hear that from many shops actually. I have the same slide ability with a higher tack on my material.

I’m interested can I get a sample with pricing

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I’m interested can I get a sample with pricing

Yes I can send you a sample piece to check out the adhesive, I am about 4 weeks out before I have any more. We tested with one client and he took every roll available and pre-ordered another pallet (45 kits) I have really only tested it with SLX users but I would love to hear the feedback vs. some of the other brands.

PM your info for a sample piece please.

TXFB.INS

Yes, hear that from many shops actually. I have the same slide ability with a higher tack on my material.

What do you mean same slide ability but with a higher tack, How is this possible?

is it the initial tack that is higher or is it the set tack?
if it is the set tack, is it done by heat or pressure

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What do you mean same slide ability but with a higher tack, How is this possible?

is it the initial tack that is higher or is it the set tack?
if it is the set tack, is it done by heat or pressure

The initial tack is very similar but the set tack is greater, that was the most seen complaint on the SLX. The Set tack is with pressure.

TXFB.INS

Thank you

Since you are private label, how / what type of warranty do you offer compared to the branded material?

number1talent

I'm new applying decals. My question is I purchased a roll of Arlon SLX Cast. I would like to apply a white decal onto a car. Since I'm not printing any ink on the material and the vinyl is already white do I have still have to apply an overlaminate or can I just apply the decal?

bannertime

If it's anything like 4600LX then it's got a low initial tack but after a couple of hours or a day or two, it's on there pretty good.

2B

I'm new applying decals. My question is I purchased a roll of Arlon SLX Cast. I would like to apply a white decal onto a car. Since I'm not printing any ink on the material and the vinyl is already white do I have still have to apply an overlaminate or can I just apply the decal?

some more information is needed, how are you making a decal without printing?
What are you trying to do?

if you doing a color change, there are other materials probably better suited.
same thing if you are using this SLX as a background and applying plotter material over it.

dale911

President
I love the SLX. It does have a very low initial tack but once it has been on there a few hours, it really bonds well. Just did a 2018 F-150 rear bumper and tailgate and it worked very well, conforming and staying IMG in place. Since I don’t do more that 1 or 2 wraps every few weeks I’m slow at it and prone to making mistakes and this stuff is super forgiving. I have also done print and cut with it. I have used it with Mimaki ss21, hp latex and go UV inks and had good results all around. If Big fish has a comparable product with a better price, I’ll probably jump on that.