• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anyone Using MS Publisher 2007?

HP5000ps

If so I am wondering how you go about printing something 48 in. x 150 in. or so.

Because there is no custom or pre sized template I can't seem to get it to want to print.

Any input on how to get it to work?

zmatalucci

sorry

Attachments

• idiot.gif
    idiot.gif
    247.1 KB · Views: 95

HP5000ps

Thanks for all the help...

I know it is not a preferred program.

It is what I have to work with for this particular file.

MariaMartini

If so I am wondering how you go about printing something 48 in. x 150 in. or so.

Because there is no custom or pre sized template I can't seem to get it to want to print.

Any input on how to get it to work?

I used to get a lot of customer supplied files that were made in publisher.. I know I printed to pdf and I did often have trouble with the sizing.

But.. I thought there was a custom template size....

These links might help...
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011295761033.aspx

http://www.printingforless.com/publishertips.html

sarge

when i get customer supplied files i charge them $85 an hour to screw with .. and i get those puplisher and power point files more then i like to remember ..

binki

From the templates create a new blank page size. I dont have a printer that can print that size so I can't tell you what to do after that.

TheSnowman

I'd take power point over Publisher. I hate that stupid program. People do a layout for a 4' X 8' sign in there, and give it to me, and say, this is what I want EXACTLY, however, a sheet of paper isn't anywhere near proportional to a 4' X 8', and from what I've seen, you can't change it for anything but that.

jiarby

Tell customers that there is a $50 charge for ms publisher files. You'll start getting alot less of them!

OldPaint

I'd take power point over Publisher. I hate that stupid program. People do a layout for a 4' X 8' sign in there, and give it to me, and say, this is what I want EXACTLY, however, a sheet of paper isn't anywhere near proportional to a 4' X 8', and from what I've seen, you can't change it for anything but that.
you are saying they use the whole 8.5" x 11.0" ....
and want you to make it into a 4'x8'?
i do layouts in corel all the time AT 4"X 8", on an 8.5 x 11" paper......THEN if i get to do the job, i just grab a corner, and take it to 4 FT X 8 FT... no problem.
and ive used publisher, i kinda like it, if your doing mixed text & pictures. and iam not a printer , but i cant see where sending that file to a printer, is gona be that hard to do, afterall the sol jets are still just a printer.....