• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone wanna try to open this customer supplied file

slappy

i asked for an ai or eps.... from what i can tell in the 2 emails i received that whomever designed the logo for my customer, is taking a pdf and saving it to an ai file which i get an "error opening pdf" message in flexi. Only program i can open it in is photoshop (i don't have illy) but even in photoshop i get a "import pdf" pop up window.

I told my customer to have who ever designed it to save it to paths/outlines and in a ai or eps format. i told him the first file i got was a pdf resaved as an ai which isn't going to work

what can i tell him now to explain it better?

Suz

This is so common, after more than one person (besides Artist) gets involved in preparing files for you. I usually try to get the contact information of the Artist, then communicate direct with that person. If they don't know how to save the file in format I need, I walk them through it over the phone. Usually works for me. Good luck!

slappy

sorry... i had to drop off my jeep for an oil change and just got back here.... i sent it to you Pat. Thanks for looking at it

sfr table hockey

I hate to say it but, a few years ago I would have been one of those guys that sent a jpeg saved as an eps thinking that should work...... and that was easy...... can't see what the big deal is all about.

Now its different on the other side of the fence but I try to let customers know why Some files just won't work. Then they send it in MS Word:banghead:.

GB2

Old Member
Illustrator 5.0...I didn't have any problem at all with it, maybe it was in a version too new for you

slappy

Gary! Your awesome! Thank you SOOO MUCH! Ugly little thing ain’t it? Lol
I’m still waiting for it to load in flexi…. Kinda froze up on me so I’m waiting. Looks like it’s working though

Fatboy

I hate to say it but, a few years ago I would have been one of those guys that sent a jpeg saved as an eps thinking that should work...... and that was easy...... can't see what the big deal is all about.

Now its different on the other side of the fence but I try to let customers know why Some files just won't work. Then they send it in MS Word:banghead:.
Hate it when they do that!

GB2

Old Member
I don't see any mask on anything, however there is a graphic element in the center that is very complex and might be stressing out your computer. I'm not having any issues with it but that doesn't mean that you won't.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
slapa, shut down flexi are start it up again.

most of the time, this clears it up.

my flexi stays running for months, once in a while when i have a problem importing a file usually a reboot of the program will clean up what ever was the problem.

When taking a gradient from illy to flexi it usually attaches a transparency to every part of the gradient. Rasterize in illy and take to flexi.

J

john1

It's P0rn, Ah!

Just kidding. Hope you get it figured out, I don't understand why some files open goofy