• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question APD Extreme Series Plotter Lines Aren't Correct

KristenGee

Art Director Extraordinaire
Hello! I checked around the forum for this problem already, but I wasn't able to find it. Apologies if this has already been discussed at some point.

I work with an APD Extreme Series (FB-18361?) flat bed plotter at my monument shop. We use it to cut stencil. I'm running into a problem where the lines that the plotter is cutting are slightly off sometimes. I've uploaded an image of the problem.

IMAG1862.jpg

The two lines on the left and the two lines on the right are supposed to be the same, but one (on the right) is obviously significantly thinner than the other. It's like the stencil is getting moved, but it's not. The plotter is also having trouble returning to its "home" position after cutting.

I disassembled and cleaned everything, but that didn't seem to help. I also noticed a small fray in one of the belts, which might be the issue. In the meantime, I shaved off the fray with a razor blade, but that didn't seem to help much either. It was suggested to me that this might actually be a software issue, but I'd like to rule out any hardware issues first, since I know that I can probably fix that myself.