• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Apple vs. PC poll

Apple vs. PC

• I've always used only PCs

Votes: 167 44.7%
  • I've always used only Macs

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • I went Mac and never went back

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • I went PC and never went back

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • I went Mac and then I went back to PC

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • I went PC and then I went back to Mac

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • I use both

Votes: 110 29.4%

• Total voters

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Lets find some numbers.

I've always used PCs
I've always used Macs
I went Mac and never went back
I went PC and never went back
I went Mac and then I went back to PC
I went PC and then I went back to Mac
I use both

housemusikid

You are from my hometown! Oh how I miss Memphis, even though I was home for a visit last weekend!

I like both. My job has PC's but I LOVE Mac's.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Strictly PC's here..... nothing against Macs but pretty is not worth the extra cost for me.

SignManiac

I voted both. I have used pc's exclusively for my work and only last year bought an iphone and ipad for communication and entertainment. They both fit nicely in my world and I don't favor one over the other so long as they each keep doing what they do now.

rfulford

I prefer macs for design and layout. The PCs are for ripping.

I think a better gauge would be to inquire about which people prefer. In which case, I prefer macs.

WrapperX

I use both but not by choice - I hate Macs. For some reason I feel they make things more complicated then it needs to be. And the whole Mac doesn't Crash as much as PC is a bunch of Horse doodoo!

Joe Diaz

I have both, but wouldn't say I use both. Unless you count my Mac holding down a stack of papers as a "use":Big Laugh

I started with PC, then had macs at work, decided to switch back to PCs. The ability to use Corel trumps any type of benefit I may have had staying with Macs, which I discovered were practically non existent. Other than Corel and a few other windows only software I use, I like the fact that I have more hardware options, and local tech support IF I need it.

When it came time to get a smartphone, I decided to save about $150 and got one of the new windows phone 7 instead of an I phone. It rocks. Super easy to use, and does about anything any other smartphone can do.

So I think technically I should select "I went Mac and then I went back to PC" Sorry I just didn't find Macs that "magical":Big Laugh

Ghost Prophet

We have both here at the office but I am the biggest PC supporter. Mainly because it's cost effective and you don't -have- to use Windows if you don't like, plenty of other OS options.

Also, PCs have superior AIRFLOW, which extends hardware lifespan.

WildWestDesigns

I put that I use both only because I do have my dad's iMAC with the embroidery equipment for entertainment use only. I don't use it for production of anything.

My dad tried a brief "affair" with the MAC darkside and he didn't even have it for 2 weeks and he was already back with a PC. Only reason that I took it is that I couldn't stand that much money just going into the garbage(which is where it would have gone had I not taken it).

It's alright, but I prefer Windows to the MAC for various reasons, but they are reasons that apply to me and may or may not apply to the next person.

WildWestDesigns

I use both but not by choice - I hate Macs. For some reason I feel they make things more complicated then it needs to be. And the whole Mac doesn't Crash as much as PC is a bunch of Horse doodoo!

I have had that iMAC of mine freeze up on me. I have yet to experience that on my PC.

Bill Modzel

I'm curious of how many of the "tried Mac" users were back in OS9 or early OS 10 days.

I've always felt that windows was a lame copy of the Mac OS. There was a period in OS9 days that it might have surpassed it in performance but certainly not in security.

I've been hanging around these forums for years and cannot count how many times I've seen Windows users have to re-install applications and even systems, not to mention viruses. I've been Mac since 88. I've had to re-install a couple of plug ins that have corrupted during use but that's it. I did have one hard drive failure which I should have detected. A DUH moment.

Yea, I know that the virus issue is sort of under control, . . . . except for the one that was wrecking havoc a couple of weeks ago. Also, how many hours and how many dollars have been spent "protecting" your pc's?
Here, I have three networked Mac workstations, on line 24/7 for the most part. No viruses, no software. Don't give me that 5% argument. The geek who writes the first real Mac virus will be famous in the hacking world.

I admire you guys who build your own workstations. That's cool but it's not my think. I build fishing rods, tie flys, fish, hunt, scuba dive, bike, and have way too many hobbies to make building and maintaining computers one of them. It took less than 5 minutes and to install a 2gb drive in my MacPro last week. Snap the cover open, pull the drive frame out, attach the drive with 4 screws, and plug it in. No cables to mess with. That's the kind of computer work I like to do.