• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions application table suggestions

bigben

I'm doing my homework for a flatbed application table. Here are the criteria I would like to have.
  • No bridge over the roller
  • 60in wide minimum. A 64in or a bit more would be great.
  • Longer than 10ft. I would like to have around 15ft.
  • Have the possiblitily to laminate vinyl. That mean I would not need a roll-to-roll laminator. Some manufactuers told me their table could not laminate vinyl. Only mount vinyl on substrate.
  • If the roller could be morotized, it would be a plus but not a must have.
  • LED lightning
  • Ajustable in high would be great but not a must have.
Ideally, I would like to have feedback from real user.

Thanks.

CanuckSigns

We have had a rolls roller for about 8 years now and it's been really good for us.

I don;t understand the hate for the bridge over the roller, I've never found it gets in the way, and I think it adds some rigidity to the unit.

Also, no flatbed applicator table will replace a roll to roll laminator, unless you never need to laminate anything longer than the table, even then I get better results from our roll to roll, much less dust and less silvering.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Also have the RollsRoller with no issues, was a huge game changer for us. Maybe take a look at the Kala table?

bigben

We have had a rolls roller for about 8 years now and it's been really good for us.

I don;t understand the hate for the bridge over the roller, I've never found it gets in the way, and I think it adds some rigidity to the unit.

Also, no flatbed applicator table will replace a roll to roll laminator, unless you never need to laminate anything longer than the table, even then I get better results from our roll to roll, much less dust and less silvering.

I don't remember the last time I needed to laminate over 10ft long. So if the flatbed can do it, I would use it. The bridge is not a deal breaker, but if I can avoid it, I would prefer to. The rollsroller premimum model seems to check all my boxes exept the bridge and motorized part.

bigben

Also have the RollsRoller with no issues, was a huge game changer for us. Maybe take a look at the Kala table?

Kala is intersresting and I can add lengh in the future. But I never found a user feedback.

Who told you their table could not laminate vinyl?
From my experience, looking at them carefully at trade shows for many years now, I would chose a CWT if I were to get one today.
https://www.cwtworktools.com/lamination-table/

Strangely, it's the CWT distributor here in Canada that told be he would not recomment the table for lamination. I've got a friend that have a first gen of the rollsroller and said he would never laminate with it. Too much problem. (I've never tried it tho).

CanuckSigns

Our rolls roller is OK at laminating, I wouldn't call it good. it's nice if your roll to roll machine is loaded with Gloss, and you have a print less than 8 feet that needs matte to not have to unload and re-web the laminator, however i've found that you have a ton more dust issues with the fladbed, and the roller isn;t as firm, so you get a lot more silvering. depending on humidity in your shop you may find you can;t laminate more than a few feet without wrinkles.