• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Application tape dispenser?

ScottyAdams

Hey everyone

I was just curious if anyone could share their application tape dispensers or what you use to install application tape. I've seen the expesnsive ones. I was more looking for home made, DIY type of roller that will easily attach to the end of my work table. Pics would be great. Thanks!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Here is mine. All recycled materials - 100% green - no carbon footprint (unless I burn it).
It has an "L" angle on the back that hooks against the edge of the table.
The harder you pull the tighter it holds.
Makes it easy to move on or off the work surface without clamps or screws.
It's patented, so if you make a copy you can't show it to anyone......

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• mask-er.jpg
    mask-er.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 2,643

jfiscus

Rap Master
2x4's screwed to the table legs, dowel rods with pole mounts; one the dowl removal end; the other the complete circle. Has worked great for years now (dowel has never fallen out). it's easiest from the bottom dowel, so we mostly just use it, but I can use the 2nd one up just fine also.

The junk hanging over the top are my home-made roll wraps; scrap banner slices 1/2" wide with velcro on each end; work GREAT.

Attachments

• IMG_7177.jpg
    IMG_7177.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,935

d fleming

I inherited mine from the estate of a very talented signman and good friend, Woody Peabody, amongst other things. Simple design and works like a champ, just like Woody. It's about to come off the table and move today because the crew is on the way and today we move the shop! Goodbye terrible parking, high electric bill from no insulation and terrible plumbing!

Attachments

• tape sisp.JPG
    tape sisp.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 2,560

Sign-Man Signs

2 x 4 scrap around the shop. Been using this one for about 6 years now. Routed slots on inside to make it quick change. Use 3/4 pipe with shipping plugs on each end. Also use shipping plugs on each end to keep alignment when laying it down on our 10 foot steel table.

Attachments

• Tape Dispencer.jpg
    Tape Dispencer.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,543

jayhawksigns

Anything larger then a couple of feet we run through our old laminator. We have our magnetic hanging off of the end of the table too, along the lines of fleming's post.

mnapuran

Similar to others.... just some MDF and PVC tubes. Been using this for about 12 years

Attachments

• masker.jpg
    masker.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,651

ProColorGraphics

I made mine out of metal piping from the plumbing section at Menards. Just have 90 degree pieces with a small piece off that for the roll to go onto, one for each side. Add the metal base plates for the table side. Then use c-clamps to mount them to my table. Easily removed when needed and adjustable to fit any size.

ScottyAdams

I made mine out of metal piping from the plumbing section at Menards. Just have 90 degree pieces with a small piece off that for the roll to go onto, one for each side. Add the metal base plates for the table side. Then use c-clamps to mount them to my table. Easily removed when needed and adjustable to fit any size.

Pic?

rjssigns

Pew! I wouldn't buy it. Looks just like Wayne K's. I got piles of those plastic shipping thingy's and enough scrap laying around to build one just like Wayne's.

401Graphics

i agree. build your own. there are obviously many ways to make one. I made mine with scrap 2x3 wood, a hinge, and a screw, held onto the table with 2 small c clamps. Cost me $0.00 Been using it since 2006 and hasnt broke.

OlsonSigns601

Let me start off by saying that I've tried several options.

I've used the home made ones and they worked the best if you are looking for next to nothing on cost.

I've even got two of these.
http://www.signwarehouse.com/TT-PS-p-HT-N-EZROLL-17.html
Worked great when I demoed it at the trade show but the guys in my production area hate the thing. I'm to lazy to put the 12" and 24" I got on ebay so it now just sits in the attic collecting dust.

Best one I've got so far and I'll never go back is what I've got attached to this. It may look like a bar but it has a tension setting on it. Keeping the tape firm as you pull it away. So putting application tape on long sheets is a breeze and we hardly ever have a Transfer Tape Malfunction anymore.

I don't know where it came from as I got it from a lady who was closing up her shop. But looking for something similar with a tension setting in my opinion is the way to go.

Attachments

• TransferTape.jpg
    TransferTape.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,201

rfulford

Here is mine. All recycled materials - 100% green - no carbon footprint (unless I burn it).
It has an "L" angle on the back that hooks against the edge of the table.
The harder you pull the tighter it holds.
Makes it easy to move on or off the work surface without clamps or screws.
It's patented, so if you make a copy you can't show it to anyone......

wayne k
guam usa

This is ingenious. I love it.

I made this one that serves dual duty for applying premask and weeding vinyl. Its much better as a weeding machine than applying premask however.

Attachments

• IMAG0140.jpg
    IMAG0140.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,712

Mosh

One man, hobo, taping machine. Held in place by those two brackets for easy removal.
I have a 24", 30" and a 48" one.