• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Aqueous version of Sihl Glamour S...

Jason Thomas

Hello all, we run small batches of 22x28 posters currently using Sihl Glamour S Satin photoboard on our Roland VS540i, and just like most media on the Roland, print quality is brilliant, but it is slow. I'm looking for a clone of this material that would be Aqueous printable to run through our faster Epson SureColor P10000. For large runs of 600+, we are currently subbing out and having these off-set printed on a 120# poster stock. The Sihl is the closest to this stock but the speed and dry time just aren't there on the Roland.

Sihl specs are as follows:
» Caliper / Thickness 12 mil
» Basis Weight (gsm) 275
» Finish Satin
» Opacity 98
» Whiteness 135
» Blockout No

I've tried numerous materials but nothing is coming close enough. LexJet's Sunset Photo Matte is very close but the Matte finish is a turn off for the client. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even a new Solvent printer that could print faster on the Sihl material would be better!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hello all, we run small batches of 22x28 posters currently using Sihl Glamour S Satin photoboard on our Roland VS540i, and just like most media on the Roland, print quality is brilliant, but it is slow. I'm looking for a clone of this material that would be Aqueous printable to run through our faster Epson SureColor P10000. For large runs of 600+, we are currently subbing out and having these off-set printed on a 120# poster stock. The Sihl is the closest to this stock but the speed and dry time just aren't there on the Roland.

Sihl specs are as follows:
» Caliper / Thickness 12 mil
» Basis Weight (gsm) 275
» Finish Satin
» Opacity 98
» Whiteness 135
» Blockout No

I've tried numerous materials but nothing is coming close enough. LexJet's Sunset Photo Matte is very close but the Matte finish is a turn off for the client. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Even a new Solvent printer that could print faster on the Sihl material would be better!

Solvent will not work on that material, buy a latex machine and pump it out all day no problem.