• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arbys new logo

visual800

I could do without the shiny 3d look I just absolutely despise it. I like the new font though they just need to flatten all

lazaros

I don't like logos that are in 3D... and then i wanna see them make a tshirt out of it... in a four color process for tshirts gets expensive to print...

Marlene

the flat text and 3D together look more like a what not to do in a text book on design. what were they thinking? what is up with the apostrohe? what is that suppose to be?

Billct2

Yuk, besides the 3d weirdness the shape is really looking like a senseless blob and that apostrophe looks like it belongs on a high tech company design. The hat is starting to look like a fish jumping out of the water.
Wendy's is OK.

ucmj22

the new arby's typeface does not seem to match the feel they are going for, the 3D turn is terrible, and the gradients used make it appear amateurish. overall I think it is a big downgrade. This Kyle Lin from 99 designs is a hack, "It has youthful, casual appeal." As in created by a 1st semester design student? arby's couldn't even make their new logo look good on their own website. It just don't see it working in any of their applications

I like the wendy's logo other than the fact that it makes me think of miracle whip.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.28.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.28.17 AM.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.27.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.27.59 AM.png
    267.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.41.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-11 at 8.41.26 AM.png
    158 KB · Views: 109

Pat Whatley

Did anybody actually read the article?

The "professional designer" they had look at it from a logo design contest site liked it and thought it was modernized, youthful and casual.

The other traditional designers all tore it apart and universally thought it sucked.

ucmj22

Did anybody actually read the article?

The "professional designer" they had look at it from a logo design contest site liked it and thought it was modernized, youthful and casual.

The other traditional designers all tore it apart and universally thought it sucked.

that professional designer is Kyle Lin from 99designs... did you really expect more?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The first thing that came to mind with the Arby's logo was plastic. The glossy, artificial look is totally out of place in identifying a food company. A great example of what not to do just because you can.

rjssigns

Arby's logo looks like poo. As far as changing something at this stage in the game means revenue is down. Time for better brand management. Look at McDonalds. Many of them just use the arches to draw customers.

J

john1

Wow, How much did they spend to let someone do a simple extrude in corel or photoshop onto their pre-existing logo?